1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Of You Came Here To Learn To Make Money Online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tac88, Jun 17, 2014.

Hello everyone my name is Tom but I am known in the IM space as TBone and I am here today 100% to give back to this great community that we are blessed to have.. I want nothing from any of you and I am going to help you to use this forum to your advantage !

I do not know if you ever heard of a sales legend and superstar motivational speaker, Zig Ziglar, he has said, 'You can get anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want'…
    If you get nothing out of this post at least remember this and live by it and things will work out in the long run for you.

Okay,
    I was wondering how many of you guy's or gal's came onto the forum today to learn something but when you got here you got more confused then before ?

If so ?

This is normal ...

You start to feel over whelmed....Start reading and getting interested in one thing only to forget the whole reason why you came here looking for in the first place or just put it on the back burner.

That is only because you are uncertain to what you are really looking for and all you know is you want to make money right now or some skills to do so that it shows results "Now"!

This is the single biggest thing keeping you from succeeding online....
    The right now kinda attitude thing! Doesn't work, along with I have no money to invest in my online business so I need free traffic .... Not happening either and it will never work that is what we call the magic bullet chasers and will keep you failing over and over.

So lose it or you will never get anywhere and if you need money right now get a job until you have some money to put together to invest in yourself and your online business.

If you want speed then paid traffic methods are the only way to go and that requires a testing budget. Marketing is = Testing, testing and more testing....

See back in the late 90s and the early days of the Internet we could just put an ad on Google and it would start to make money right away .. Then again their was zero competition and everything was the wild west ... Now we have to test everything and tweak everything to find the money makers and most of the time we will be luck to just break even . But the winning campaigns that we find make up for all of the loosing ones when we find them ... I hope that I am not losing you here....

Here is what you need to do to succeed these days ...!

Their are a million different ways and avenues to go down as far as the way that you can make a living online ..
    Pick 1 of them that you would like to do ...
    Stick to it and do not change it for no reason until you succeed with it but it must be a model that has worked for others before . We are not recreating the wheel.

The internet is a blueprint for success just watch and see what is working for others and do the same thing ..
    Not copy what they are doing buy copy how they are doing it !

With the rising cost of advertising these days, you are going to need to increase your chances of converting your visitors to customers on every dollar spent and the best way to do this is by building a email list with everything that you do ...

So if you get to a point that you are running an ad campaign you never want to just send them to your offer because if they do not buy right then and there ,well then they are gone forever ..So how you increase your chances of making that visitor into a customer is buy sending them to a squeeze page first to get them onto your email list and this way you can increase the amount of money that it costs you to get this subscriber, because you now increased the life time value of that customer by adding them to your email list and now being able to market to them forever.

So pick 1 method and do not look back and always remember that, if you do not have an answer to something ask questions ..Lots of them too.. that is how you learn ..

Learning requires failure first....FACT!

So I hope this helps you!

NOW GET AT IT !

If you have question on something well ask below and either I or the community here will try to answer them to the best we can. Do not let any one single person make up your mind for you ...

Do your own research on everything and go the long route on everything you do, meaning do not look for the easy way out ..You can be sure that 86% of your competition is doing that and you can beat them out just buy working harder and smarter...

To your success...

tac88, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and Pamela May like this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's a great post. The question, I'd ask would be: Ok, I feel motivated. But can you give one or two practical recommendations? I agree there are a million opportunities out there, but 999999 of them do not or barely work. So where do I start?

qwikad.com, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  3. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Qwikad asks the obvious question: Where do I start?

Dropping everything right down to the basics, you need FIRST to understand what business model you want to use to make money online. Many beginners have only the haziest idea of how to earn online... "I'll make a website... and then...."

And you'll get specifics from everyone you ask.

But go around this forum, and others... and write up a list of every business model you see... then see if you can do a chart of "advantages/disadvantages" of each method... and narrow it down to one model. Read everything you can get your hands on concerning that ONE business model, and stop reading anything else. Information overload is the most common problem. I've stopped reading anything that isn't related to what I do - I don't need to be enticed to something else!:)

THEN you pick your area of interest, whether it be physical products, Health issues, Dating, MMO, or whatever... and apply your business model to that topic.

Buying blindly every MMO method out their that promises fast cash isn't the way to go, unless you're simply interested in helping others financially! As one poster I saw once said: "I started earning as soon as I stopped buying and started doing" (or words to that effect.)

Khadaji, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  4. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Zig likes to beat around the bush. Isn't selling products and services all about giving what other people want? Find enough of them, get rich.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  5. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to follow the people that know what they're doing. Otherwise, you really are putting more effort into your campaigns than necessary. I used to come here to learn how to make money. However, I now come here to teach other peole how to make money.

BoostSoftware, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  6. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to follow the people that know what they're doing. Otherwise, you really are putting more effort into your campaigns than necessary. I used to come here to learn how to make money. However, I now come here to teach other peole how to make money.

BoostSoftware, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've been in high tech sales/marketing for 25+ years, so I've been there, done that, and gotten the tee shirt. However, I like DP because there are always new ideas, different points of view, and the pace of threads varies from slow to lightning fast, depending on the topic and posters. DP is my place to inject some creativity into my day expressly for the purpose of doing just that. Along the way, I believe that I have helped many others and also have learned some new stuff, as well. And I always know the latest IM buzzwords and the latest scams. :D

jrbiz, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. MOST methods you've heard of or seen online work quite well. Some methods may stop working when something it relys on changes the rules... such as using exact match domain names to push a niche site high in the SERPS - but that method worked quite well for a decade.

The problem is that people have expectations being driven by success stories they hear about, or the salesmanship being used to sell some online method of earning money. You want real success? Simply bring buyers to a good product, and take your commission. There's hundreds or thousands of ways to do this - depending on how you count them. And the less you rely on things you cannot control, the more reliable your business will be.

But they ALL work. Just not in the timeframe that people think they will.

Practical Recommendation? - It's hard to do in less than 10-25 pages or so - but I have a few minutes... :)

Find a topic that you're both interested in, and that is a problem that many people would like answers for. The big ones are always going to be Health, Dating, and MMO... but pick something. If it doesn't have a magazine at Barnes & Noble that have articles on your topic, you picked a bad topic.

Get a domain name and hosting, and put up a Wordpress site. Start doing your research, and start writing articles on the topic - none of them under 750 words, with pictures if possible.

After you have a few dozen articles up - it's time to start spending an hour a day or so driving traffic.

You'll use popups on your site to build a list, and market to your list.

Now - that's about as bare a summary as I've ever seen - there's far more detail that people need - but this is a practical recommendation - and will earn you money.

It is, however... a lot of work. Behind every 'instant success' there are months and years of prep work. After you have a nice foundation laid, and when money starts coming in, you can put a part of that money into outsourcing the work.

Khadaji, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  9. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post...

I think the most important thing is having a clear goal in mind. It's kind of like a computer science dude.

It will be impossible for you to program anything, without functional requirements right? Same is true with Internet marketing...

If you don't have clear goals - you'll NEVER have anything to work toward...

So step number one? Have goals. Then work HARD to achieve them. Just my $.02.

CandleKeep, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  10. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Look, I'm not the most successful person out there when it comes to making money, I waste money on shit I don't need and will never get done, but what is the ONE and ONLY thing that has ever worked out for me....

I make websites, I code, I sell web hosting(glorified webmaster), several people on this forums come to me directly when they needed some kind of site made, I get leads every week now and my site is decently popular.

Don't start a blog in a niche you don't know shit about and expect people to listen to your ramblings and spun text, Create value, Sell YOUR skill.

What are you good at?

That sounded very motivational-speech like, lets get some reality in there.
    I wrote a nice post on how to get web dev clients on my blog a few days ago(it exploded on reddit for awhile) that you might be interested in, you can adapt it to your own needs and such but the basic principals are there.

Helge Sverre, Jun 19, 2014 IP