1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing strategies worth stealing and ripping off?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Joe@AdPatron, Jun 17, 2014.

What are some marketing strategies worth stealing? I have my own website and services to sell, no affiliate programs, and looking for marketing strategies to rip off from others.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.. the more simple, the better it sells I guess. See: Google homepage, Apple devices (only one or two buttons does the trick).

On the other hand, there isn't a best marketing strategy. Depends on what product you're selling and what you can invest, but also what you're willing to do to make it big.

Aquarezz, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Is that really marketing? lol

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. sonny_king

sonny_king Member

Best Answers:
    How do you rip-off a marketing strategy?
    I would (am are currently doing) mobile advertising, but that's not something you can "rip-off"

If you mean how someone is making their money with a little "hidden" trick, well then ask yourself this.
    Why would someone just give you that trick for free? That's what MMO products are for

sonny_king, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  5. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Mobile is a method, not a strategy, and tricks are for hookers.

"Strategies [sic] generally involves setting goals, determining actions to achieve the goals, and mobilizing resources to execute the actions. A strategy describes how the ends (goals) will be achieved by the means (resources)."

6. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like you're looking for some mythical 'push-button' trick.

There really are no 'tricks'.

Just solid hard work performed repetitively. You already know how to market, I suspect; but everyone wants some magical shortcut that eliminates all the work.

Doesn't exist.

Khadaji, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Tricks are not strategies, tricks are for hookers. I didn't ask about tricks, shortcuts, hard work, or anything magical. Strategies, let's stay on topic people.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    melprise, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  9. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Old stuff man, and as you said, no stealing/ripping off needed. Now, let's move forward and talk about stuff that is ;-)

10. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that simple is best. It helps you reach a more global market in a shorter amount of time.

BoostSoftware, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  11. melprise

Best Answers:
    There are no new or 'secret' web marketing strategies, that's the point. You're either using the search engines, or you're trying to get direct or link-through traffic. THAT'S IT. Anything else that's hidden IS a just trick or mere tactic, not a strategy. That's why you were advised earlier to stop asking for 'strategies' when what you are really looking for is a magic button. It's either the SEO/ranking strategy, or the non-SEO/direct traffic strategy, period. So move forward, and get to work.

12. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    That's complete BS. There is always, always, something new. I never said I want a magic button, don't put words in my mouth. Assumptions only make you look like an ass. You're limiting yourself to two things, and that's patethic.

13. melprise

Best Answers:
    Spoken by a guy who's tone has been rather obnoxious throughout, that's ironic. I put no words in your mouth, I simply read your intent. Why don't you explain to us what can be done to promote a website, other than the search engines, or direct link traffic?

14. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Obnoxious is your limited perception, and you did put words in my mouth. Don't answer a question with a question, stay on topic.

15. melprise

Best Answers:
    Just sayin', like day and night, or left and right arm, sometimes you have to accept there are only two options (unless you know about a third limb?). Web marketing, at the strategic level, which is what you asked about, is either about direct traffic methods (link-throughs), or indirect methods (search engines), period.

There are new wrinkles or tricks to the above, but no new strategies. There's either a direct, or indirect strategy for building traffic. I provided you the simple, on topic truth, along with the methods, and you didn't like it. I stand behind what I said, including about your attitude and intent. I'm outta here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  16. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every strategy is based on common sense, basic rules and budget. Practically every good marketing strategy is the same, but it very much depends on the budget and execution.

kalseo, Jun 18, 2014 IP