1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What helps you stay motivated when you’re struggling?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Megamon, Jun 15, 2014.

What helps you stay motivated when you’re struggling? What’s something positive you try to keep in mind when everything seems to be going wrong? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.

Megamon, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Having other people dependent on me (kids, e.g.) keeps me motivated because while I might be willing to live with the consequences of failure from giving up at something, I am not willing to have others that I care about live with those same consequences through no fault of their own.

Of course, in your case, you likely are not at the stage of life in which you have true financial dependents. However, you should consider whether you have people (family, friends, etc.) who do rely on you. It may not be financial or physical assistance that you offer, but even providing emotional or spiritual support can matter a lot to others. If you cannot think of any such relationships (where you are giving and not receiving) you need to develop some, be it with family or by volunteering somewhere.

The realization that other people are reliant on you is a life-changing experience. Having people reliant on you (even if just for a shoulder to cry on) will change your perspective on things because if you fail or quit, they will suffer, as well. It keeps me focused and motivated, anyway.

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com and Megamon like this.
  3. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My children keep me motivated. I know that the depend on me for everything. So, some way, some how, I have to always make it happen to insure that they have what they need.

funmom91, Jun 15, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I worked many part/full time jobs in my younger days. I tried it, it was a great learning experience, but it also stank. I never once enjoyed working for somebody. Having an idiot over me at a workplace telling me what to do was not what I wanted my life to be about. That motivated me to start working for myself.

Although I know many people who love the security of their workplaces.

qwikad.com, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  5. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Always be on the move, always be looking for that next job or source of income.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  6. talk2tanveer

talk2tanveer Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fear of becoming stagnant keeps me motivated. If I quit, the possibilities of improving end right there. I have quit on several things in past and they continue to linger in my mind for a long time. I'm struggling in my current project right now, but I've decided not to quit. If I continue to strive, no matter how difficult the circumstances are, I know I'll improve, even if at a snail pace. I don't feel like a failure unless I quit, just a work-in-progress.

At times, the negativity does overpowers the timid positive side of me. It usually happens when I'm locked away from the humanity, working on my project in isolation. I get depressed and the thoughts of quitting do cross my mind. I have to tell myself that if I quit, I will crash down to the level zero. Right now, even if I'm struggling, I'm already crossed a few hurdles and I'm just a short distance from my goal. Quitting now means giving up on everything I've achieved so far. I'm not a failure unless I quit, and I don't want to be a failure.

talk2tanveer, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  7. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is happening to me when i am trying too much things all the day and find that that days i am trying different things don't help me to earn the money i want. But to keep the concentration and to be motivated i am doing different things that you can try for sure. First of all will be great to listen some good music, depends what kind you like to listen. The other can be to create some objectives, for example to buy a new car, or a new house, or to go to visit something beautiful and so on. This 2 things help me a lot to be motivated and work hardly even when i am struggling.

laicen, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  8. Megamon

Megamon Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've been viewing some videos on youtube about meditation and stuff like that.

And the only way to get of this is to Let Go and surrender and believe in yourself. Because when you believe in yourself you are not worrying about too much.

I hope i helped , i am kind of suffering by my own way;)

Megamon, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  9. GodsOwnWriter

GodsOwnWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is quite an interesting thread that you have opened here. A little motivation, once in a while, is definitely needed. Listening to the experiences of senior members (I am not referring to forum membership when I say this, I am talking about seniors, as in people who are elder to me) and what motivated them in the past. Right now, the only thing that gets me motivated when I'm struggling, is the thought that I'll have my share of better days too! Positive energy comes from within and I believe in spreading it to whomever, whenever and wherever possible. I would definitely like to keep smiling and keep spreading this positive energy. Cheers! :)

GodsOwnWriter, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  10. Nekonron

Nekonron Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever I come across a book, movie, video or anything that made me felt motivated I would note it down. Then when I'm feeling down, sluggish or just need some sort of motivation to keep me going I'd turn to the list and pick one up.

Nekonron, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  11. Mayers

Mayers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's my kids that keep me motivated to pushing through whatever it might be i'm struggling with something. Also I listen to music as well to keep me moving.

Marc

Mayers, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  12. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No matter what you are struggling with, do not forget to take a break. be it music, good food or anything else that you enjoy doing. Not your force yourself to the extreme because at the end you would be left with nothing to enjoy what you have achieved.

impishme84, Jun 19, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  13. Megamon

Megamon Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually not in food but better on exercise because if you are depressed and you gave up on food you will get fat xD

This week i started eating less and more vegetables , no meat , cheese,milk , and more healthy and i stopped having problem with my stomache and also exercise because i want to reach a goal and i feel quite better:)

Megamon, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  14. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Workout is a good boost especially if you are unhappy with something. Mix it with some good music and your will surely feel better and motivated.

impishme84, Jun 20, 2014 IP
    Megamon likes this.
  15. Slava_J

Slava_J Member

Best Answers:
    My parents keep me motivated, since I want to give them as much as they have given to me when I was growing up and even more. The plans and desires I have keep me motivated, since I understand that if not me, then who? Of course sometimes sadness comes unexpectedly, but a piece of a milk chocolate works like a small pill from the sadness:)

Slava_J, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  16. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always believe that Bad days do not stay for too long same is with Good days, they are part of life. So accept Bad days to make me more stronger.

But yes, I do cherish good memories and think positive when I'm struggling.

janinaherz, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  17. Catu

Catu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I read motivational books, read inspirational stories and watch funny videos and movies to make myself and others laugh. Staying happy even during those bad days is the key. If good days doesn't last long, bad times will pass as well.

Catu, Aug 4, 2014 IP