1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Experienced Users Of The Yoast SEO Plugin Available?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dinrock, Jun 15, 2014.

I have a question regarding image tags regarding the Yoast SEO plugin. Does anyone here use it for their site(s)? I have tagged my images (for example, see this page), note the first image of two men looking at boat and just below image is "boat", "credit union" etc. as tags....since the images are offered as cartoons, should those tags read: "boat cartoon", "credit union cartoon" etc. for all images? How would you do it? Thanks.

Btw: If there is a Yoast forum, please recommend....thank you

dinrock, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  2. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I do not understand exactly the question. So, you have set some tags to your posts and you want to add "cartoon" to every tag name or what? What does that have to do specifically with the Yoast plugin?

Hefaistos, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually use the Yoast SEO plugin for tagging my images, so it has a direct correlation to my question....i.e., would the word "cartoon" added to each tag be acceptable with search indexing? Or would it be considered "stuffing"? Does this help to understand?

dinrock, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, actually it does.

If you'll have the word "cartoon" for each tag and have multiple tags for one post and also include the same keyword in the content of the page again for few times, this can lead to a high keyword density compared with the length of your text content from that page.
    I think is better to include (for SEO purpose) the "cartoon" word in post titles and post content than repeat it all over in tags.

This is just my opinion, others may have a different view.

Hefaistos, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I use All-in-one SEO suite for seo, and use SEO friendly Images to add image alt title and descrptns

Karuna17, Jun 17, 2014 IP