1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who Thinks Bergdaul Is A Deserter?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dscurlock, Jun 4, 2014.

I know you guys have been watching CNN/News, etc...so who thinks
    Sgt Bergdaul is a punk that deserted his post?

1: Reports show Taliban conversation saying they captured an
    american solider while he was in the can....

2: His unit members (by gut feeling) is saying they think
    he deserted his post because he was acting weird....

3: His unit members also say because of bergdual, other members
    were killed while searching for him? Where is that proof? How do we
    know they were not out on patrol anyways? You surely can be out on
    patrol at the same time keeping a lookout for bergdual. Even officials
    have said, we do not have any proof those deaths were related to
    bergdual; They very well could have been, but no proof as of yet....

Even a political analyst has assumed his guilt, and where did this come
    from? by what his fellow unit members say....ok, that must be fact then, right?
    He is acting weird, he is doing things weird, so he must be guilty....

So far, the only proof I see at this point of his guilt are from
    what other people are saying without showing proof of guilt....

And it does not matter of his innocence or guilt at this point...Someone
    surely does not believe in the justice system; They are no doubt throwing
    bergdaul under the bus regardless of what the outcome is....
    Because his fellow unit members say so....

Who the hell deserts in the middle of a war in a foreign country....?
    (and leaving your post and desertion are totally different....)

PS. and how about his unit members getting on CNN and talking all
    the trash they can. I am pretty sure they signed non-disclosure
    agreements, or we would have heard about his "guilt" years ago....
    maybe his unit members should be forced back into the military
    so they they can be charged for violating their non-disclosure agreements....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    dscurlock, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  2. trustybizz

trustybizz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think we need to give Bergdual some benefit of doubt and think that his captivity was enough punishment for him already. He spent such a long time in captivity for no other reason but because he went there to fight for his nation. Punishing him on the basis of people's comments about him is unfair to the man, it will set a wrong precedence to other soldiers who will feel that the nation is totally ungrateful for their sacrifices and service to the nation. They go away halfway across the globe on the orders of few rich politicians and their business partners who end up reaping the benefits of war, the soldiers are not operating in a business environment to predict outcome of their every action, war is horrible and things go wrong. We never know why he left his post, he may have been under attack and it is ONLY HUMAN to try and avoid harm to ourselves, it is an instinct built into humans and he cannot be punished for just trying to avoid harm. Nobody can go inside his heart to look at his intentions of motives. People should give him a break and if anything just let him leave the army and enjoy rest of his life with his family.

trustybizz, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only proof that they have at this point is hear-say from other people....
    and what he tells them will dictate how this plays out, so if he says he
    left his post to go to the john, and there is no physical proof to dispute
    that, then it will finish playing out in that manner...They will need more
    proof then what a few members have to say behind his back...

and this really depends on what he says...so if he wants to be honest
    and say "yea, I am guilty, and I wanted to join the other side, then so be it....
    Or he can just keep it simple, and say he left his post for the john, who is
    to say a few bad guys did not sneak under the wire and take him at gun point?

and the media and CNN are just as guilty of bashing
    him before he can even answer questions.....

It does not matter what his story is at this point...
    The rest of the world has already labeled him a traitor no matter what....
    He can thank the media/CNN for their help in making him guilty
    before any trial has even taken place...Thats true justice CNN....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    dscurlock, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe the lies all of his unit members are making up about him. They must be part of the right wing smear machine. Obviously there is no real loyalty between marines or they would not so easily turn on one of their fellow marines.

Just because all of the incident reports show he abandoned his post, his gear, and walked away, just because his personal correspondence indicates disgust with America, America's armed forces, and his mission in Afghanistan, none of that means he is a traitor, or even a deserter. Those personal correspondences were likely forged, and his emails faked. He probably just needed to take a stroll without his gear, or perhaps he was sleep walking. Whatever the excuse is, I'm sure it was all perfectly innocent.

The really shocking thing to me is that nobody seems willing to come to his defense and say what a good soldier he was. Its like Rush Limbaugh has burrowed into all these people's brains!

I know I was moved when I saw his father standing beside president Obama in his skull cap,speaking in Arabic and Pashtun. I'm sure the Taliban were watching too and likely were moved as well. Indeed, this whole affair has probably softened the views of the Taliban and elevated the US in their eyes. I'm sure its only a matter of time now until they embrace us as allies.

Obamanation, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    grpaul and Corwin like this.
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If their lies are so important, then why did they not reserve themselves for a court hearing...
    oh wait, they could not even honor the non-disclosure agreement not to speak about this....
    (I have not heard that it was lifted, have you?)

Honestly, I do not know if he is guilty or not, and it is not for me to judge....
    he could be very well guilty as sin, but the negative views of his team-mates
    does not make him guilty...lets play it out more, what if he left his post for
    the john, and then he is captured, wait Taliban, let me grab my gear, because
    if I dont, some monkey at camp will just think I ran away, or deserted my post
    in the middle of a war, someplace in no-mans land. And If anyone did desert their
    post in the middle of a war, in the middle of no-where, then they have mental
    issues for sure, but you never know, maybe he was trying to get to the other
    side and work for them, but that did not seem to work out so good i guess....

If it turns out that he wanted to be on the Taliban side, then so be
    it, then he can go to military trial, and most likely get time served. Until I hear
    all the proven facts, its not for me to judge if he was a traitor or not...

At this point, I have not labeled him a hero or traitor, but like you have pointed
    out; Their does seem to be more against him then for him at this point, and it does
    not matter how much appears to be against him; The military has to prove otherwise....

Maybe we should go back to the 1800's...
    If anyone even suspected you of guilt....
    There would already be a rope over the tree...
    and 5 min later, it would have been a done deal....

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    dscurlock, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Nope. They were under signed contract to keep their silence so this hero could return home in peace and the nation could collectively breathe a sigh of relief and be glad after all this horrible press about the VA hospitals. Instead, they were so filled with hate, they actually broke their NDAs to smear their fellow soldier with all kinds of false facts, like him walking off his post, and shipping all his belongings home, and speaking frankly about sympathizing with the enemy. Obviously none of those things are true unless proven true in a court of law by the sworn testimony of an eye witness like one of Bergdahl's unit mates.

Personally, I hope they throw the book at those hateful troops for violating their NDAs and smearing a true hero.

Actually, its more critical than that. If he wanted to side with the Taliban, he could be charged with treason, for which the punishment is death. I certainly hope Obama avoids a trial altogether.

Agreed, people are far too quick to jump to judgement on things like this. It was different with Sarah Palin's obvious abuse power and government funds in her role as Governor of Alaska, or all those Tea Party tax evaders. Those people were obviously guilty and just begging for extra government scrutiny, not a hero like our Bergdahl. Here we should reserve judgement.

Obamanation, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  7. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid we'll never find out the truth. Military people tell CNN only what they are ordered to by their seniors. There's no way to tear thru this media bullcrap. The guy might have deserted, it might have been something completely different and all the story - just a cover-up

Karuna17, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  8. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do. The evidence is overwhelming. The media now even has letters, handwritten by bergdahl, admitting he deserted and giving the reasons why. He was upset at his leadership....guess what....leadership sucks all around....and yet we all don't desert. That excuse is older than that kid is...and it didn't even fly back then.

ksb2050, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  9. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I just adore our American trust into everything the press says.
    Those presumably handwritten letters - how can we be sure they were not fabricated by FBI? I loved this "...Taliban itself though confidential contacts" phrase. - We are friends with Taliban, didn't we all know this?

Karuna17, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  10. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    I look forward to the report. Until then, welcome home.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Its all a media conspiracy. Apparently, all of the people in his platoon are in on it. They are all going on TV to call him a deserter at best and a traitor at worst, based on personal interactions with the man. Or perhaps their TV appearances are fakes, and those are not really people from his platoon, but rather actors pretending to be people who were in Afghanistan with the man.

LoL.

Obamanation, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  12. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    For sure! Platoon people are professional actors, and the guy himself is from 3dmax and maya. Have you noticed his "way too polygonal" look?
    FBI entertains us with media conspiracies to distract from their mean things :)

Karuna17, Jun 17, 2014 IP