1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Article Marketplace

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jun 14, 2014.

1. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a good writer would not need a score tool...
    a bad writer would need a tool to better game the system....
    and I am sure someone is already thinking that far ahead....
    and it sounds reasonable some may even sell original on DP first, then
    after the sell, they post the same content to sell on 5 other forums...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    dscurlock, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  2. ArijitKRoul

ArijitKRoul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have a batch of 178 articles on dog breed, each article have 2 images, Do your system allows image? In which category I will sell the article and another thing I have to upload all these 178 articles to your system to sell the batch.

ArijitKRoul, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  3. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great idea, but hope you don't mind me for a suggestion. Why not create a category and name it "Marketplace" or similar and put all of these under the marketplace category so to make the forums looks less clutters?

I probably will be using these features more often, and add politics articles!

Politics/Religious.
    Technology (you got it).
    Business (you got it).
    How-To.
    Multimedia (can be used for audio, video and image articles, about movies, films, music, etc - That's what I call it for my blog).
    Science/History.
    Foods & Drinks.
    Fictional (Could use as a story-telling, when I write a fictional story-telling articles, readers loves them so maybe put this genre in consideration?).
    Autos.
    Education.
    Opinions/Analysts.
    Gaming (I am surprised you haven't added that one yet).
    Reviews.
    And more.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    Joshie, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. WriteWorkz

WriteWorkz Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's right. I have articles that may not fit in the existing categories by now. I hope you can add more for wider variety of choices.

WriteWorkz, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  5. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To understand my post first you need to put yourself in my position. Imagine how you feel if someone reject you before viewing your content quality?? just because you are from particular region :confused:

at least DP got high quality and unique content :)

FreeFun4Every1, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The system doesn't do images, just articles... and yes you would of course need to upload all the articles you want to include in your article pack.

You can request new categories.

digitalpoint, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure I follow you... that is already how it works (one Article Marketplace area). https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/articles

8. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The forums itself.

[​IMG]
    Should make a forum category/board and call it marketplace, then put all of these under the "marketplaces" forums category/board, hopefully that I clarify it.

Joshie, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You mean collapse down the Buy/Sell/Trade category into one line rather than a category?

10. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of.

For example, when you go to "others" under buy, sell and trade then you see many sub categories like Link Exchange, Link Sales, Vouchers and etc. So why not make a new category and call it "Marketplaces" under buy, sell and trade then add all of Business, Gaming, Lifestyle and Technology AS sub-categories inside the "Marketplace" board under Buy, Sell and Trade. You understand? If not, I'll try my best to explain it more or some way.

Joshie, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh you mean add the article categories as a sub-section of the Articles link on the forum? Probably not gonna happen though... It's really just links so people don't wonder where the old section they replaced are at. Hopefully people just get out of the habit of looking for the marketplace stuff anywhere in the forum and can just remove it from forum completely.

12. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep! Or could do like you said, make your own marketplaces main category that collapse as it'd work either way. This would not only make the forums stay the same size in length rather it to look too way long and clutter, but still great additional Digital Point nonetheless.

Plan on to add more categories per articles like Technology, Business, Lifestyle, and gaming? Hopefully, I gave a few good suggestions for these.

Joshie, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ya, but probably will just add them on an "as needed" basis rather than create a zillion empty categories.

14. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is amazing! Most of the articles I've bought have been complete garbage and unusable. Internet high five!

moonwalker, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any reason that unique garbage would not pass the checker?

dscurlock, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would pass the plagiarism part, but if you post an example of some crappy article/post (about anything), you want me to spin through the quality scorer just to see what it would have scored, post it here and I'll do it.

17. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some nice inputs by Joshie there.

If creating all categories in the marketplace is not feasible (for whatever reason it may be), can a feature be included that allows sellers to add multiple tags to their articles and enables others (esp. buyers) to sort the articles according to their tags? (Just like in Gmail - tags instead of folders.) What I mean is, if I upload an article titled 'New features of iPad 6', I should be able to add these tags to it – iPads, iPad 6, iPhones, Apple, Smartphones, Technology, Cell Phones, Gadgets …. and all that are relevant. We keep the current categories as they are so everything stays organized and it's ensured that each uploaded article falls in the proper category, but tagging will facilitate more detailed filtering without creating clutter.
    This will also enable sellers to put an article in multiple categories at the same time. E.g. I am selling an article 'iPhone apps that help to reduce weight'. This comes in 'iPhones' as well as in 'Health'. I can't create two different threads for the same article in both categories as that amounts to duplication.
    May be, we can also make the quality scorer add tags to uploaded content automatically by detecting the keywords in it and then allow sellers to add, delete or modify them.

There's one more feature I would like to request. Can marketplace users be allowed to delete the threads they have already created (which are yet unsold) and then post new ones that are a modification or a new version of the original? This will be helpful in following scenarios:
    1) I make some major changes to the content I have put up for sale. It may be because I am not happy with the quality score it gets or I have revised and edited a large part to make it more readable, coherent, appealing and search engine optimized. Currently editing your content once it's inserted is not allowed.
    2) I want to include in or exclude some articles from the pack I am selling. For instance I am selling a pack of 8 articles on 'weight reduction' for $40. Now I plan to add two more articles to this pack and sell the entire new pack of 10 articles on 'weight reduction' for $50. If I am not wrong, it is possible at present to change the price but you cannot change the number of articles in a pack once a thread is created.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    Joshie and FreeFun4Every1 like this.
  18. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I realized I made a mistake when I was trying to explain one of the suggestion. My original reply in this (latest).

I meant make a new board under the buy, sell and trade category call it "Marketplaces" then add Plugin-ins/Add-ons, Templates/Styles, Scripts, Designs, EBooks and Articles as sub-boards (or some call it sub-forums) under the new forums board "Marketplaces" under Buy, Sell and Trade's main category in the forum.

Had to correct myself.

Joshie, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well first of all, new categories ARE able to created whenever people need them if they request it (there's a note about that when they are picking a category when posting articles). As far as tags go, I honestly don't see any real value in them because people can just use the normal search function. For example, if I was looking for articles on "fishing", I would just type fishing into the search box (the search there defaults to only searching articles). That's going to be quicker than trying to navigate through a tag tree.

1. The inability to edit existing stuff you posted was intentional... it's basically to force people to actually read and revise their articles BEFORE they post them, not after.

2. Correct, it's not currently possible to add additional articles to the pack, but I'll give that some thought.

digitalpoint, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  20. sukosaki

sukosaki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just reading this all now and I must say that this is a nice feature. I am going to give a spin and see what happens. If quality content will rise to the top via the score and rating system, then I will spend more time selling here. Thanks!

sukosaki, Jun 17, 2014 IP