1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can it take 2 months for Google to deindex a PR4 backlink?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, Jun 15, 2014.

I have the following problem:

I hired a Penguin recovery company to help me to recover my website from the Penguin 2.0 penalty. They recommended me to remove a link that I had from my other website that is still PR4 even if it has some spammy backlinks. So I removed this backlink 2 month ago, but last week my website lost all its Google rankings for my main keywords.

I'm afraid that one was my strongest link.

Can it take Google to deindex a backlink from a PR4 website even 2 months? Or did something else happen to my website?

Solved! View solution.
    andrej, Jun 15, 2014 IP
    Hello Andre,

Something else happened to your website. It's not the PR4 taking 2 months to re-index.

Google crawls sites regularly, and the higher the authority of the site, the more frequent Google crawls them. I don't have exact data for you, but a PR 4 shouldn't take any more than 1 week to get re-crawled. That time can be even less if you pinged it or updated your site map.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    One week and two months... i doubt, it's because of the link removal...
    But was there really a need to remove the link if it had really been the strongest one?

Karuna17, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your replies. I changed some things on my website, so that's probably the case.

andrej, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.