1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows or Linux Server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by abdulferhan, Jun 16, 2014.

Hi all,

I want to Buy Dedicated Server.

Any one suggest me that who is the Best, Windows base Or Linux Base and Why?

Regards

abdulferhan, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, since you are asking it here, I assume you don't have server administration skills. Here's the thing:
    1. if you are gonna hire a dedicated person (a system administrator) for managing it, stick with Linux.
    2. If it's like your own small start up, and you think about managing it yourself (at least in the beginning) and studying the administration skills quickly, go for Windows server.

Linux:
    +free to install and use
    - You need to pay the administrator really well

Windows:
    - proprietary
    +simple to manage; there's lots of people who can do it.

Karuna17, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  3. abdulferhan

abdulferhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I buy Dedicated server before 10 days, but there are many errors in server like, after instillation of word-press, when i install plugin they display 500 error and corrupt my whole word-press. 2nd there are no C-panel. 3rd they corrupt server settings 2 time in 10 days.

If any one have Full tutorial of Windows dedicated server Configuration, please send me the link

Thanks

abdulferhan, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  4. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    You might consider buying a managed dedicated server. This is a service of hosting company to install everything you need and make it working just as you want. It is not cheap, but may be worth if you do not have the knowledge on how to administer a server or employee to do so.

O-D-T, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Normally many people think Linux is more secure than Windows, but fact is that both of them are equally secure. Actually security depends on server setup and administrators running the server. HostGator's managed servers are maintained with the latest security and performance and also configured for maximum security.

webcosmo, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  6. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with a Managed Dedicated Server as the host can help you out with all the installations and configurations you need. For control panel you need to install any free or paid control panels for Windows Server.

Cloudcandy Host, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  7. ceo.worldfriend.web.id

ceo.worldfriend.web.id Member

Best Answers:
    good for linux and windows

ceo.worldfriend.web.id, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will you be just running the WordPress site on the dedicated server? or you have some other website or applications as well.

MilesWeb, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  9. Menthol

Menthol Member

Best Answers:
    Linux ftw! Why? It is very stable, easy to keep updated, most of the software on it's free, open source...

Menthol, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  10. WebHostDog

WebHostDog Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are going to use it only for web hosting Linux Dedicated server is a lot better solution. You can include a powerful control panel easily like cPanel or Plesk.

WebHostDog, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  11. Quick Strike

Quick Strike Peon

Best Answers:
    It actually depends on what you are going to run in your server, both windows and linux web hosting has there advantages. If you are going to run PHP scripts and typical CMS like wordpress, I would go for Linux.. a lot cheaper and it is opensource... a lot of resources on line..

Quick Strike, Jul 25, 2014 IP