1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Half million page views in 10 days. How do we monetize our site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by supertramp, Jun 16, 2014.

Hi DP,
    We just launched an entertaining news site which works similar to Cracked and BuzzFeed, and in 10 days we already got half million page views and it's increasing. We haven't even reached 40 posts to apply for Adsense. We don't like to use other ad services like Chitika, Adbrite or whatever it is. Does anybody how to monetize a site with sponsored ads? We would be really happy if you could give us some ideas.

Thanks.

supertramp, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  2. Rares Mihail Prala

Rares Mihail Prala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate, congrats for that number of views and I wish you will reach a million in no time.

Now coming back to the advertising thing. Why don't you try the simplest way possible. Sell your very own ad space. You can sell it a set price for a thousand impressions or you can sell it as a CPC. Imagine if you have $1 CPM and you have those half a million page views.. You do the math. Of course you will not end up with half a million dollars or maybe not even near but if you know where and how to sell your ad space you will make money big time.

As an example you can have a look right here on DP at the advertising platform. You can also become a publisher through this platform and attract people to buy ad space from your website.

Anyway selling directly ad space is what I would go with. But is just my opinion and my way of doing things.

I hope you will find this useful and good luck with your website.

My best regards,
    Rares Michael

Rares Mihail Prala, Jun 16, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 and Pastorsinlot like this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Half a million page views in 10 days?! Wow!

If your traffic is mostly North American and European you can try http://www.bidvertiser.com

When I used them in the past they had quite a few gaming advertisers. Not sure if they still do.

qwikad.com, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. supertramp

supertramp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Rares,

Thanks for your useful information. Is there any reputed 'advertising platform' where we can go ahead and start advertising or sell ad space? Or we should just start using DP? We have little knowledge about how DP advertising platform works. We will definitely do some research though.

Thanks

5. Rares Mihail Prala

Rares Mihail Prala Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad that I helped you somehow. I will be very honest and tell you that I didn't work as a publisher very much and I don't have a big experience in this field from a publisher point of view.

Anyway I have followed a very well known course about paid media traffic and I saw that from an advertiser point of view buying ad space directly form the website is the best experience you can get. From this I can jump on the conclusion that selling directly to buyers your very own ad space should be a great experience when it comes to your earnings.

But and there is a big but here, you have to do some research (as you stated) in order to see your type of audience, their countries, which type of products/offers/etc will convert better for your audience and all of these just to know to what type of advertisers, you as a publisher, should "talk" to.

I don't want to talk from books so I will stop right here because as I said I have better experience as an advertiser and from this point of view I will always try to buy ad space directly from the website. This is why I say that you should really consider this option.

My best regards.

Rares Mihail Prala, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  6. supertramp

supertramp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks once again

We will sort this out soon. You helped us a lot.

Regards

Rares Mihail Prala likes this.
  7. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find an ad network and start selling placements with them. You'll earn less than you would with direct sales, but the advantage is that they take care of EVERYTHING for you. You just let your website be and earn money. With the amount of traffic you have right now, direct sales might not be worth it.

YJunK, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People usually think about monetization even before they start attracting traffic. If your visitors are engaged in your website, you can pretty much go with anything. Why not try affiliate marketing? Clickbank? Pretty much everything will work if the half million viewers are interested in what you have to say.

VukasinI, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  9. tac88

tac88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whats your visitors demographic ?
    What is the url ?
    I will take a look for you ..

tac88, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  10. ViralShared.com

ViralShared.com Member

Best Answers:
    That's cool half million page views in 10 Days. Imagine that! That's great!

ViralShared.com, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  11. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Sell the advertising yourself and pay no commissions. I make my advertisers pay upfront, never been screwed. I can tell you how to get advertisers on your own, really easy.

Joe@AdPatron, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  12. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty impressive the number of site views you received in such a short time. You must be onto something. I do agree that you might want to get to know your visitors a little bit more. Maybe have them choose what newsletters they want to receive or just post products you believe in as direct affiliates instead of posting syndicated ads. In fact, if you stick with fewer products/ads, you'll probably make more money than when you have randomly-generated ads posted on your pages. For instance, all our site content is computer-based, and it fits in with the software we sell.

BoostSoftware, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  13. Squirrel_monkey

Squirrel_monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome work, congratulations! I'd say definitely try affiliate marketing OR better yet creating your own product and selling that...

Or you could always just sell the site?? Good luck!

Squirrel_monkey, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Get 40 posts and use adsense.

NetStar, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  15. RobertMcCune

RobertMcCune Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd just go with building your website up until you can get adsense. Sometimes it's better not to go straight into throwing ads on a website, you can always wait for 40 posts and go with something you know you'll be comfortable with.

RobertMcCune, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  16. revathychn

revathychn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use buysell ads to sell banners on your site directly, many peope use buysell ads and thats great if you want to advertise on specific sites. I have used them to advertise certain catagories and you can can search their database and select sites to advertise. so If your site would be added you could get plenty of buyers. I also use qadabra which works like adsense and its basically banners . I have found it very good and well paying also. If you want to run ads yourself then you can use standalone programs like openx OpenX is an open-source advertising server that is licensed under the GNU General Public License or if its on wordpress then you can use OIO Publisher A WordPress and standalone ad manager.

Also you can just put up a "advertise" link and a page asking buyers to contact you for adspots and what spots you would like to sell etc

good luck with your site

revathychn, Jun 23, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  17. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ten days (17 now) is a pretty fast time frame to start tinkering with your business model. I'd hold off for now and see how traffic on the site evolves over the coming weeks.

Jake Rigdon, Jun 23, 2014 IP