1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

copy webdesign is ok or not?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Rajesh Galgalikar, May 31, 2014.

hello everyone,
    one abc.com site and other its xyz.com site...xyz site is mine and i want my site design same as abc.com ....is there any issue of copyrighting??? if we cange the color of my website is it ok??
    or i will notice from abc.com website??? content and images are unique..just designing method is same..is it harmful for my site????

Rajesh Galgalikar, May 31, 2014 IP
  2. MatthewDunlap

MatthewDunlap Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that directly copying a website (and changing a few colors around) is a blatant example of copyright violation. I feel that it might get you in trouble, especially if you are going to take some of the code as well. I would recommend that you allow a website to inspire you and come up with your own concept rather than have it be ‘a copy’.

MatthewDunlap, May 31, 2014 IP
  3. Quality-Markup

Quality-Markup Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if there is no copyrights violation, obviously, the look of your website is your identity, whether you have a blog, "product details" website, news website, or whatever, if your visitors found out that your website design is just a copy with different colors of other site ... i don't think they will keep visiting your website. Other than that, there are tons of free templates out there, and some of them look as professional as any paid design so why steal something when you can get it for free?

Quality-Markup, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  4. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    Thanxs!!!

Rajesh Galgalikar, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  5. BenBlurr

BenBlurr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is not acceptable but it happens A LOT ;)

BenBlurr, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  6. greencap

greencap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Web Design is something that takes lot of time and effort. And if someone just copies the design, then it seems bit unethical.

Better use that website structure as a starting point and design/code your own stuff for a unique look

greencap, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Inspiration is subconscious copying.
    Just don't go blatantly copying someone elses code, design or stuff, that is just mean.

If you like a site's color scheme it's ok to borrow it, imo.

Helge Sverre, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  8. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Doing exact copy of site's design is considered mauvais tone. There's lots of it around, but best practice is not to copy the whole design but to make a creative remake -- leaving features looking different but still recognizable in what they allude to.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Karuna17, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  9. awkyjack

awkyjack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, definitely do not copy. That is a violation hands down, however I recommend taking ideas from it.

awkyjack, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  10. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, there will be no issues are arise. Because when you open other site, then your browser have all design content of that site. Then it is yours. Take it and put in your site.
    But I personalty suggest you to don't do that if that site is more popular than your site. Because it will rise negative effect on viewers mind. Nothing more.

yagnik, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  11. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't Copy code also.... build same a new site using your own code,content,images exact same as abc.com...

Ann Joseph, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  12. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you in this cases just to hire a good designer to do this work for you. Just tell him that you want something similar to...or that you like something like this... and for sure it will come up with some nice uique ideas.

laicen, Jun 14, 2014 IP