1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Skrill charges monthly fee for inactive accounts?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by olddocks, Dec 15, 2012.

Looks like they have come with new changes and they charge 1 EUR / monthly for inactive account.

We would like to inform you of a change to the existing Service Fee available at the

olddocks, Dec 15, 2012 IP
    pupul likes this.
  2. hostmela

hostmela Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Recently they changed their service i also got this message from them.

hostmela, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't got such mail till now.

pupul, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  4. hostmela

hostmela Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be your account is active and regularly login in your account. I did not login my account last 1+ year...

hostmela, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  5. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Skrill Moneybookers will loose a lot customers this way by buy charging fees for inactive accounts. I haven't receive such notice because I have used my Skrill Moneybookers account within past 6 months. Has Skrill Moneybookers restored privilege for U.S. residents to upload and send money domestically and internationally?

muffet, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, If your account remains inactive than 12 months.

Anyway, they are at least decent of telling customers of charging 1 Euro in advance,not like Paypal who suddenly makes your account limited without any warning.

eric_wahlberg, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  7. aleau

aleau Member

Best Answers:
    I hope I won't get guillotined for raising this old thread from the dead, but why open a new one, when I have a related question.

Can someone confirm me, because they are not responding on support tickets and I don't trust them - Are these inactivity fees charged retroactively? I mean - in years?
    I opened account more than 5 years ago, but never did anything there. If I put some money now, will they suck 60 euros from it, retroactively for five years?

Thank you

aleau, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  8. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    best is to put 2 euros in account and see the result ;)

chandan123, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  9. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    They emailed me about it a while ago.

FTS!, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  10. aleau

aleau Member

Best Answers:
    No way, Pedro. :D I'm not going to give one single euro.
    And just few euros won't give me the answer about whether they are taking the money for all 5 years or just one, for example.

@fts
    I guess you just wanted to tickle my belly with your answer. Now I should PM you, to ask you about the details, and then you offer me money exchange and so on. :)

aleau, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  11. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Not that long ago, we had our Skrill account with some money from a couple of our users on it. Just above 100 USD, nothing critical, but also nothing that interesting to care about and quickly withdraw. Then we just forgot about it for a few months it disappeared and when checked later, the balance was zero. Account history was full of these fees.

I can also confirm that their support is extremely ignorant and does not often response.

These fees were not charged retroactively for us, so the answer to your main question is NO. Yet still, I would not recommend Skrill to anyone.

O-D-T, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  12. aleau

aleau Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, thank you. If only there was a chance to delete the account and open a new one, that would be great.
    It's not that I have any wish to use them. It's just that it is pretty much the only option available for me on one site, for withdrawing, so this is why I asked. And I have no intention to pay any "inactivity" fee.

aleau, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  13. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can say that this also happened to us, reasonable amount from customers accounts, all gone from inactivity or other as the funds were not urgent for us, so they basically got free accounts! We dropped it as a payment option as soon as this was noticed.

ironcladservers, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  14. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Didn't received nothing similar, maybe because there are money on my account. But i think is not that nice email to receive. In this cases if the user don't use for some period the account is better to close it properly. It's not enough that takes a lot of fees for each transactions but also takes fees for inactive users, bad choice.

laicen, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  15. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you have money in your account its best to check once if they deducting or not. They simply deduct money no mail they send abt this .

chandan123, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  16. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't find nothing on the payment stats, i hope that they didn't deducted nothing saying about. But if few $ was taken that's ok, because i need it right now, and soon probably i will close my skrill account.

laicen, Jun 15, 2014 IP