1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions about traveling [help needed]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nateriver, Jun 13, 2014.

Hello guys,

I (just like any other IMer) love traveling. I've gotten more successful in IM lately, so, I'm considering to go traveling around the world (Europe first, maybe). I myself are from Asia (between EU and Asia actually), 20 yo, I think it's time to start visiting some places. So, I want to know :

- Those who travel and change countries a lot, how do you do that? I mean, if you live in EU, you can travel any country without visa etc.. but what about foreigners? How is that possible for us? Tourist visa? - Good, but, for how long? What is necessary for that?

- Aside from Europe, what about Asia? I mean, you have to apply for a new visa for each country, isn't that correct? I'm sure it's pretty much how you do it, but, what is necessary to be able to get visas? funds? what else?

- One more question, what are the options you can move to another country (in EU from 'not EU')? Excluding student visa (and ofc getting married lol). How would you do it if you wanted to move to UK (example) for a few years?

I know these questions sound too amateur, I'll search more on Google as well, but I'd like someone to give me a little bit of an insight.. how all this happens.

Thank you!

nateriver, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Unless your country and the countries you are going to visit have the Schengen visa agreement you will have to have a separate visa for each one you are going to visit.

These are the countries that fall under the Schengen Borders agreement:

All European Union countries, except Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom, are members of the Schengen Borders Agreement.

In addition, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein are also members of the Schengen Borders Agreement (but they are not European Union members).

Go to your country's official travel website and find out as much as you can about the Schengen Borders agreement. That will give you a more clear picture regarding your travel plans.

qwikad.com, Jun 13, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have really only travelled to Europe or North America, so my international experience is limited to those venues. With a U.S. passport, I have not needed a visa to enter any of these countries for a short stay for business purposes: Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark and Sweden. "Lost" my passport in Worthing, England for a few hours and that would have been a nightmare had not someone turned it in at the train station. Keep it duct taped to my thigh ever since. :D

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Every country is going to have a different set of rules but here are some basics to be prepared for
    • have X months remaining on your passport - usually totally unreasonable for the amount of time you intend to visit
    • have a return ticket
    • have enough funds to show you can support yourself during your visit
    • and when actually travelling on a visitors/tourist visa don't have letters of recommendation, job offers or business cards - these are major red flags should you be stopped and searched.

sarahk, Jun 13, 2014 IP
    Megamon and jrbiz like this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Really interesting. The only trouble that I ever had was when I used to say that I was in the software business back in the 1990's and early 2000's. That seemed to raise red flags in Customs. But that has not been the case lately. Looking at your bullets above, I suppose that I passed all of those criteria without even knowing that they were issues.

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Megamon

Megamon Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for your information i will got those in my mind.

I want to travel sometime too but i have more something crazier on my mind:p

Megamon, Jun 15, 2014 IP