1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some Site Evaluation

Discussion in 'SEO' started by ashley76, Jun 12, 2014.

My site is www.dccollectors.com and I have been up for a few years now. We generate lots of content, but it seems my site doesn't rank well with google or alexa? Can someone look at it and if you see something glaring, tell me what I can do to make it better?

Thanks

ashley76, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    At first look, it is not well on-page optimized. Some important meta tags are missing here. You are also missing power of interlinking.
    So, first of all you should optimize your website according Google's Webmaster Guidelines. Given at here: support(dot)google(dot)com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en It will help Google to find, crawl, and index your site easily.
    To know other social, technical, on-page, off-page seo issue review your web site at here: quicksprout(dot)com

Kristina Roy, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I already visited your website and it has pr 1 ranking. I would suggest to put enticing description within the website and this is for the snippets of your site in the search results. Try to build your reputation in social media sites and create relationships with your targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  4. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, you're missing metas. Also, like you said, your content is great, but its not optimized at all.

It wouldn't take much work to get this site cookin'. Its aged, has great content and the social to back it. You just need to do some keyword research, identify your long term rankers and the low hanging fruits, then silo your site to get the link juice flowing in the right places.

In terms of your off-page SEO, nothing that you're doing off-page is hurting you at all. Which, sad as it is, is pretty rare for me to see. On the other hand, you could use some backlinks that hold more weight. Some of your best backlinks are from killer pages, but they're comments. Google doesn't give the same weight to a comment as it does to, say a homepage/contextual link.

Give me a shout and I can help you get steered in the right direction.

DiggitySEO, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well @ashley76 I guess the major part is already covered by @DiggitySEO but I was looking down at you backlink and guess what it does give me a feel that you have bough backlinks it also looks you move out of your niche while you are busy with building the backlinks.

John Dave, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site looks good, although for me it took too much time to load (smth like 6-7 sec). Pingdom confirms that your website loads for 7+ sec which is A LOT. Majority of visitors will leave before your homepage loads. Definitely work on optimizing your homepage as this would also reflects on your search engine ranks.

As you were advised, quite a lot of on-page and keyword optimization is needed and a detailed analysis of your backlinks would show you the spammy, toxic and irrelevant backlinks that you should remove.

Last but not least - why do you care about PR and Alexa Rank (especially Alexa). If you are so worried about worthless ranking like that one, here is your tip. Get 10 friends/relatives and install the Alexa Toolbar on your browser. Put your website as the default Homepage of the browser and start clicking. You will get your Alexa Rank in no time. How would that help you is still a mystery to me :)

Rado_ch, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  7. ashley76

ashley76 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information guys! @Rado_ch - I don't really care about PR and Alexa Rank I guess. Just using those as indicators of why my site doesn't get as much traffic as competitors especially with me being around as long.

@John Dave - never purchased backlinks. LOL wouldn't even know where to look for them to purchase.

@DiggitySEO - your saying I am missing METAs. I use the WordPress SEO plugin. Should I be using something else?

Thanks, I am really just trying to create the ultimate fan-site, but can't have that without "The Fans"

ashley76, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  8. ashley76

ashley76 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Rado_ch can check that speed test again. When I ran it, it came back at 3.60 seconds to load

9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, Pingdom and GtMetrix still give me a result around 6sec (although indeed faster than when I last checked). Might be something temporary, but I can check it later from different locations so will update you if I find something else ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  10. ashley76

ashley76 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks

11. Xerver Support

Xerver Support Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Why not add wordpress' "BuddyPress" plugin to your site and allow members to follow, message, like and post their own content related to your site? Creating a type of social network for your site could be just what you need?

Xerver Support, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  12. Zain Khalid

Zain Khalid Member

Best Answers:
    You can go to seositecheckup website and evaluate your website on it's and you will help a lot of things from this site.

Zain Khalid, Jun 14, 2014 IP