1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Improve My Website and Get More Sales???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Beck800, Jun 11, 2014.

Hi Guys, I have recently started a website that I have been working very hard at. I believe it is designed professionally and I wanted to know what you guys thought. Please give me feedback on how I could Improve my website, what you like and don't like and any other information. My website is http://beckswebsites.com/ . I am currently Freelancing for Web Design that is why I need all the design tips I can get. Thank You!

Beck800, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  2. Rares Mihail Prala

Rares Mihail Prala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, congrats for your website, pretty nice.

If you want some suggestions I can give you some:
    1. Home page:
    Ok on the home page where you have that 4 columns widgetized area maybe it would be better to use images with same height and width. Focus on that same height thing.
    Also make your logo in the left area of your header a bit bigger.
    2. About Me page: Try to use some type of space and alignment. You can use 2 rows of content divided into 2 columns each and then put your content into them. Make sure you have everything in the center of the screen (if you already chose this type of alignment) and that you also have the bottom and the top line the same for every column. Basically you have to achieve there a large square consisting of other 4 squares inside it.
    3. Services page: I think it is pretty ok but I would also use some key features in a form of a list (like a bulleted one) just to emphasize more the key features of the service I provide and why the customer should choose me.
    4. Contact page: Maybe try to put that text in the left side and the contact form centered. I say this because normally we read from left to right and it would be better if the customer will read your text just to be more convinced to contact you. Oh, and you can also add some of those key features of your service right here just to remind your customer why he/she should contact you. A little psychology trick doesn't hurt to use right? :D
    5. Buy Now page: Here make sure that you have more than one package. As a customer I like to have where to choose from and you should have a minimum of 3 price packages, one of them being the "best buy" one or "best priced". As a customer seeing just one option tells me that the service provider is not quite a dynamic and flexible person.
    6. The Blog: It is pretty nice but I would never put on a blog within a service providing website ads. Again, speaking as a customer, will make me wonder.. ok so where is this guy making money from? Is he making money from his services or from ads.. If you want to offer some quality posts on that blog and some quality experience you have two choices: either you don't put ads or you merge them smoothly into the design of your blog. It is your choice. Also make sure you recall the sources of the images and videos used and never and I mean NEVER copy and paste articles to your blog :D

Again congrats for your website and these are just some suggestions I would follow if it was my own website. Hope you like them or that they are somehow helpful.

My best regards,
    Rares Michael

Rares Mihail Prala, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  3. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't make your website the only place where you sell and advertise your services.
    Use platforms such as elance and oDesk(my favorite).
    Start networking on LinkedIn, twitter and various forums and communities.

In my opinion, your website is generic and boring, try to brand yourself as unique, show the visitor how your skills are best applied and give them a Call to action on the homepage above the fold.
    Your Call to action should be a form where visitors can get a free quote for their project.

Helge Sverre, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    1. I personally don't like this white rectangular with black logo brutally inserted into the beautiful landscape. That's a cold breach to the lovely first impression.
    2. it'd be cool to harmonize this rectangular's color with the menu's.
    3. Your title icon looks unrecognizable. Black circle with something grey and white.
    4. Check your grammar on the Welcome notice. Shouldn't it be more "professional"?
    5. CSS is nice, looks really fine except one thing. On your second screen the "professional services" rectangular cuts of the black man's had. That doesn't make good impression, does it?
    6. I love your "faceless people" backgrounds, that looks very "corporative". Your photo in "about me" should also look very "corporative", if you are heading for this segment.

Karuna17, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  5. Beck800

Beck800 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You Guys, Im working on improving my website as we speak. I am also pursuing a backlinking campaign in order to gain more ranking for my website. Anytips in this area? I want to rank in search engines as much as I can.

Beck800, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  6. Beck800

Beck800 Peon

Best Answers:
    How can I brand myself as more unique???

Beck800, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Helge Sverre, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  8. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your design is simple but effective, which is good. I like the infographic I see on one of your blog posts. I think you have the right idea. You just might need more written text on your pages explaining more in depth who you are and what you do. If necessary, contact a writer to help you with that.

BoostSoftware, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  9. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that in pursuit of a sleek minimalist design -- the resulting site has turned out very bland. With few boundaries or design elements to direct the eyes, elements of the site seem to be anchorless and aimlessly floating around. Combined with a lack of colors, its almost disorienting. Don't be afraid of putting more stuff in there -- you're not even close to getting cluttered.

David Tile, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  10. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I checked your website. I'll try to be brutal honest as always.

I don't like it.

It doesn't instills confidence to me. I'd never hire you to be honest. You doesn't seem unique or different and if you want to land some jobs, you need to be.

I'm guessing you are using Divi theme from Elegant Themes which is a pretty nice theme. I tested it few months ago. I think you can make much more with it, considering design. And you can improve site's performance also. It seems a bit slow to me.

I'd could also agree with Helge! He did said all good.

VukasinI, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  11. wennykev

wennykev Member

Best Answers:
    To improve your website you check your website page title and mata tags and upload new content in your site. Because Google and other search engines always check the new content or Try SEOclerks, as you can hire an expert from this site and that expert can help you in improving your website and gaining more traffic at a cheap rate.

wennykev, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  12. alvinhy

alvinhy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Im not sure the black goes well with such a "clean' theme.
    I go into the website and I see this black background with a deep blue colour gradient which is a really big turn off for me.

The logo is also very small at the top left. Maybe try to improve the design of your website before you sell your services?

alvinhy, Jul 1, 2014 IP