1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monitoring online Internet use

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Daley1, Jun 4, 2014.

Hey everyone. Quick question, I am considering monitoring online Internet use. I have started to notice that more and more hours of the day are lost on website like Facebook and Tumblr. I understand that people cannot focus 8 hours straight, but at the same time I think it is important to let people know that I am not paying them to be able to slack off.

My question is whether you have any experience with it? I am considering using monitoring software from WorkExaminer that would allow me to track most of the comings and goings rather than just outright banning everything (which I think could actually damage morale)

For those of you who have implemented monitoring before, what do you think of the implementation of this type of software? Did it help you? Did you manage to reduce the amount of distractions on a daily basis or did you notice resentment? Any feedback about this would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much guys.

Daley1, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  2. karand19

karand19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually distractions comes from environment.
    Take example when you start reading the book in library and after few minutes your friend start discussion on offtopic. Discussion can be never ending when you like it or you are into it.
    Similarly, when you open facebook to post status and chat with friends for upcoming with friend or get together, you will attract to other friend post their pictures, status updates ...etc

So point is you have to focus not to distract more in other things and point out the priorities of time.

karand19, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  3. Daley1

Daley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes some very good points there. Thanks. Does anyone use tools like http://www.workexaminer.com ? Do they actually help?

Daley1, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have been involved with companies that used surveillance techniques on its employees. Note that these were not my policies. However, I and my staff were subject to them.

When employees learn that employers are spying on them, it changes the relationship and adds a layer of separation. Now, that may be less important than getting people back to work, but just understand that a step like this changes perceptions.

I prefer to manage and motivate employees to spend all of their time working as opposed to policing them.

jrbiz, Jun 16, 2014 IP