1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Messed Up! CEO of Moniker, Bonnie Wittenburg Admits.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by postly, Jun 11, 2014.

?

Has the Moniker updates affected your domains?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Moniker recently decided to upgrade their website/system. Some things went wrong. Here is the CEO himself, Bonnie Wittenburg with an apology to customers.

"To all Moniker Customers,

My name is Bonnie Wittenburg, Moniker’s recently appointed CEO as of February 2014. This letter comes to you with transparency and the best intentions in mind as a result of recent events that have taken place at Moniker. As you know, Moniker recently transitioned to a completely new website design which features an all new user interface for both our website and customer dashboards. Our goal was and remains to increase the products and services we offer while at the same time maintaining the tools you have come to expect from us – enabling you to effectively manage your Web properties in a single place as simply as possible.

Since becoming CEO of Moniker, through my own observation and carefully considering the opinions of our users, it was apparent we needed to change in a big way. With the launch of this new website, we would be able to improve how you interact with our services and provide a better platform to bring further innovations to market.

I am still confident a system upgrade and platform enhancement was the right decision, but some things went wrong with the migration of our data and customer information from our old database to our new systems. Although our systems were carefully tested to avoid any major issues, an unforeseen technical problem involving a script responsible for running the data transfer did not run optimally. The manifestation of this to our customers appeared in the form of missing domains, unintended auto-renewals, and erroneous charges to payment methods on file, among others.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of all Moniker employees that this took place. I want to reassure you that no security vulnerabilities resulted from the issues we experienced during the data migration; this includes no lost domain names, no unauthorized transfers of ownership, and no functionality lost as part of our Domain MaxLock and Portfolio MaxLock products. These issues have, however, resulted in a backlog of customer support inquiries and greatly increased call volume to our support staff. Our representatives are working their hardest to resolve each and every case while providing each customer with the attention they deserve. Many technical issues have been resolved, including restoring the missing domains from client accounts and reverting charges incurred as a result of invalid domain renewals.

We are not done correcting all of the issues, our technical staff is working around the clock to fix and improve remaining problems to allow Moniker to operate at full capacity. We are listening to you regarding what features are working and what needs improvement. We value your business, your patience, and understanding that we will make this right. You expected better from us and we failed to deliver. We are working to restore your faith in the operations of Moniker. I realize apologizing may simply not be enough and promise that we will work tirelessly to show you that we care. "

Do you have any domains at Moniker? Have you logged in recently?
    If so, have you seen any changes in your account?
    Share your thoughts about this development...

postly, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    ColorWP.com likes this.
  2. upalc

upalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    They have seriously messed up. Does anyone know how to renew the domains in this new interface ? Am I forced to have prepaid balance on Moniker or I can pay in real time using my Credit Card as and when renewal is required ?

upalc, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  3. comtec

comtec Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow - I only have one domain at Moniker and have not noticed any type of charges there because i have outdated cc info. Jeez, you think a big company like Moniker would be better prepared than to let some script take down everything and mess up customer accounts exposing these accounts to hackers.

comtec, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  4. upalc

upalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are u actually trying to say ? Where from the question of script take down come here ?

upalc, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  5. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    They don't hired programmers who could actually deliver results, most people here use godaddy and they offer discounts on hosting packages often.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  6. upalc

upalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is not a good choice. For details, search Nodaddy web archive.

upalc, Jun 19, 2014 IP