1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting started question.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MichaelaAsylum, Jun 7, 2014.

Hello fellow marketers,

I am curious if anyone has some tips for getting started in a niche when you don't have the necessary funding to get the products the niche is based on. I am mainly passionate about tech, gaming, and scifi stuffs and those can be expensive interests. I am currently unemployed, so any ideas for participating in, and profiting in, niches I like would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Peace and prosperity,
    Mike

MichaelaAsylum, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  2. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    You want to do it seriously, you will need to invest some mony in it. Miracles don't happen in marketing (almost :p ). Without any investments, you won't be able to grow.

kenzo22, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  3. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Being passionate about a niche is one thing, but converting that to potential income is another. You cant catch fishes without offering them food. So my friend, I would suggest, you raise some capital at first and put that to effect without any fear of failure. Hopefully, results will take care of itself..Cheers! :)

Roydlanco, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  4. Nicolas1s6

Nicolas1s6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can start without money online.. try blogging and promote affiliate offer
    You can find autoresponder with free tiral (30 days), 50$ free for a new account with ppc bing...
    but then, you will have to pay..
    So, if you are able o make money within the first 30 days, you can start making money online without paying a dime ;)

Nicolas1s6, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not so difficult. People saying it's easy or it's impossible both are not saying the truth. You need a plan, and procedures. You need to work daily and spend just few initial dollars and you can begin.

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In some businesses, it is more about hard work instead of investment funds. For example, if you have skills that you can market in one of the niches that you describe above, that could be an inexpensive way to get started in business. For example, if you started a specialized gaming blog that offered info on a particular game, you would promote it on forums and also with Public Relations (news releases, etc.) and see if you get enough traction to sell ads on the blog. This is not a new idea or even a particularly good one, but I am using it as an example and proof, if you will, that there are businesses out there that you can start with an investment of skill and time, instead of money.

jrbiz, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  7. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mike, are you interested in offering inbound marketing services ? PM me as I am looking for some associates, I can train you and you can offer the services to small businesses.

neest321, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The gaming or similar niches became overcrowded. Millions of websites already established battling to rank better. You come in. No backlinks, no SEO, no plan, no money.. No way to rank or gain traffic anyhow.

I suggest going deeper into smaller niches which only requires a bit of thinking and small investment of money to earn more money. Micro niches are the best.
    Want such niches?

VukasinI, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  9. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to me successful in your business, I'm afraid you WILL need to invest some money. It's like the old adage goes "you need to spend money to make money" and that's true for Internet Marketing also.

You dont have to spend loads... Try searching for PLR content in your niche. Type "your niche" + PLR into Google search and see what kind of plr content is out there. You can usually pick these up for anything from a few dollars to about $15-20.

Now you can start promoting this content straight away, but I would recommend rewriting the content to make it unique.

Alternatively, if you REALLY don't want to spend that much, you can search for affiliate programs in your niche & try & promote those - but i would recommend at least having your own domain name & site for content publishing & promoting..

Above all, once you start making money from the outset, no matter how little - always re-invest back into your business to enable it to grow!

Az

Asif Aziz, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  10. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, well, re-investing brings money, and if you are rich you can have tons of visitors and so on. But the real match is if you can do all of this with a very low overhead. Also, will you keep your earnings to pay the bills? or all of this is just an hobby and you have a full time job?

I explain, why we choose sub-niches for affiliate marketing? because niches are bad? or wider topics are bad? no. Because the big companies are there and we can't compete. Because we don't have their money.

We are small players in a big game. We need to be successful with no or little money. Otherwise we risk to fail.

11. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest blogging about those interests in the cheapest way possible until you start making some money that can be reinvested back into the blog. I'm sure you could review a friend's new gadget or a free smartphone phone game without dropping a dime.

Keith Nimble, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  12. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may need to find a way to at least pull in an part-time income while you strive toward making money online. You're going to need money for tools and advertisement.

BoostSoftware, Jun 13, 2014 IP