1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Publishing 10 unique articles per will boost my traffic ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Avallon1, Jun 7, 2014.

Hi,

I have a blog with few thousands of uniques per day and 4 pages/visit average.
    Google indexes my blog at least once per day (I search for the indexed pages every few hours)
    I post 3 to 5 articles per month (yes per month)

What will happen if I publish 10 articles per day (not per month) ?

Should I expect doubles of traffic after some time ?

I read that posting frequency is important.. but what kind of importance ? Is 3 articles per day similar to 6 or similar to 10 ?

How to decide the best no. of posts per day that is the best for my blog ?

Avallon1, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  2. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear that your blog is getting good visitors per day. You really should maintain posting frequency. It doesn't matter how many posts you submit on your site per day. if you want to post 3 articles per day, you should be maintaining 3 articles everyday. Due to increased posting you should receive better traffic than before after 1 or 2 weeks

Anis Mizi, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  3. selva787

selva787 Active Member

Best Answers:
    More traffic not just under how many article we can post rather than use interesting topic.

selva787, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion is that if you write more posts, say 2 or 3 per day then you would increase traffic and not only that you would also increase revenue (adsense or other). I have noticed that I started writing 2-3 a day instead of weekly, I checked adsense account and see that it has skyrocketed in percents compares to before and I get more money out of it making a couple or three articles a day instead of weekly.

So definitely you would get more traffic because the more articles you write, you are going to keep more people coming back to your website on regularly basis instead of monthly because the chance that people knows you do monthly then they would just forget yours and find someone else that write articles on daily basis like myself.

Joshie, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your posts are of good quality, then lots of posts are better than few. That will generate more user response, and your blog will continue to grow. Best wishes!

Jim4767, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  6. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you need to increase the number of posts gradually, while analyzing the results. Regular analysis will ultimately determine the optimal amount of content per day.

Garry_West, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  7. Jen 101

Jen 101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree with others here. If you increase the number of posts you should see increased visitors however, I would stress that they have to be quality. It can be difficult to publish a quality post each day let alone publishing numerous posts in a day. Be sure that your quality of writing and content doesn't drop and you'll probably be happy with the result.

Jen 101, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest to write anything you have in mind, depending the moment and your ideas. Then just feature on top of your homepage the best articles, since are the ones that readers usually read. All the rest is not much considered, usually. But it's good to have content in your database. Anyway, whatever you write, and whatever is your mood while you write, there will be always better articles and worst articles. It's not something you can really calculate, but it's something you'll decide in a second moment.

9. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't think that posting 10 articles per day is going to more ....... As you've said that you are receiving good amount of traffic means you are doing everything fine. I think pushing yourself too hard on this is going to take the quality out of your work, try posting a article after 2-3days, that's enough.

John Dave, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  10. Avallon1

Avallon1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Started 3 days ago publishing 2 articles per DAY instead of 1 per WEEK.
    Here are the VERY strange results till now:
    1. Organic search declined by nearly 50%
    2. Adsense increased by 100%

Can't find out how that happened and why.. the only change that was made is the number of articles !!

Avallon1, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  11. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, can't really explain what's going out their, it may be because of the recent update that Google has rolled out, but I will say instead of pushing yourself stick to the previous plan it looks great to me.

John Dave, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  12. teamworkpr

teamworkpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think goarticle,ezine etc.

public relations firms in India

teamworkpr, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  13. Buzzing Fresh

Buzzing Fresh Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting experiment.

Buzzing Fresh, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  14. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One post per day is enough. Heck, few posts per month are super fine if you know how to create amazing content.

It seems like you are thinking a bit weird. Why would number of articles affect number of visitors? I could create thousands of articles on a monthly basis, put it one place on the Internet but that won't bring me traffic or money.

You need to market it my friend.

Post frequency is important. If you have regular visitors on the site, and you publish new posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, those people will get use of that and start visiting your website those days even if you don't ping them directly with a new post.

VukasinI, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  15. Steve_Polonski

Steve_Polonski Peon

Best Answers:
    What about asking your visitors?
    Make a poll with several options and find out what is demand on your posting frequency :)

Steve_Polonski, Jun 11, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  16. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that is another great idea to get reviews from the visitors coming down your !! @Avallon1 I think you can ask this directly to your blog visitors.

John Dave, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  17. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of showing them a poll, you can also create a general survey form and ask them the questions you want. Make sure that this form is not loo long and tedious otherwise people will be be interested in filling out the information.

Resource9, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  18. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Resource9 No...no I don't think survey is going to help because what I usually use to do is "I am just okay with clicking the raidal button" but what I hate is participating in the whole survey . I mean think it out once how many times you thoroughly read the survey and give your feedbacks??? I am there are people out there who think why they should goo over the survey thing other than we are happy with clicking the radial button.

John Dave, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  19. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    Well good if it works for you. By having a survey I did not mean having long forms asking with a lot of information. You can create a short questionnaire as well that just has 2 - 3 questions.

Resource9, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  20. Adam Vowles

Adam Vowles Member

Best Answers:
    I think you would be better off spending that time making your 3-5 posts EPIC and then fully marketing those posts e.g. broken link building, outreach, social etc...

Adam Vowles, Jun 11, 2014 IP