1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange logic from Google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by neforum, Dec 6, 2013.

I received an email saying that a specified page on a domain was in breach of Adsense terms and conditions and that ad serving would be disabled to that domain. I reviewed the page and removed the Adsense code completely from the subdomain that contained it. I appealed the decision to have ad serving reinstated to the domain, quoting the page they objected to,but Google wrote back saying that there was no Adsense code on the page specified. Errr, yes, because I removed it!

They now want me to submit a second appeal, with the url of a page that they didn't specifically object to, to allow them to decide whether to re-instate ad-serving on the domain.

What?????

neforum, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Removing the code from the offending page is not good enough. You need to remove the offending content from the site if you want to remain in adsense.

Agent000, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  3. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tried that too, but they just said other pages on the offending domain (without any Adsense code on them) were still in contravention. In the end I just bit the bullet, bought a reseller account, and started transferring the individual subdirectories from the original domain to their own discreet website domains and urls. I then individually re-introduced Adsense to the ones Google didn't object to. What a chew.

neforum, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  4. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the problem was duplicate content. The content for my website was the same as the entry on Wikipedia for it. However, the wikipedia entry was copied from my website, not the other way round!

neforum, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Get patient, Google bureaucracy's always like that.
    Since you are the offender causing them trouble, you have to suffer:)

Karuna17, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  6. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a problem anymore, as everything is now in it's own seperate webspace. Before, I had different websites in different subdirectories on the same domain. Google effectively disabled Adsense on all of my websites by suspending service on that one domain. Let that be a lesson to you all kiddies. ;-)

neforum, Jun 10, 2014 IP