1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you enter US tax rates for ecommerce store?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Soapmarine, Jun 9, 2014.

Hello everyone,

honestly, need direction in this question. By state, by city? Thousands of zipcode lines? Thank you!

Soapmarine, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  2. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's incredibly complicated and depends on the location of the seller and the customer, and possibly the shipper. Every state is different, many states vary depending on whether or not it's within a city and which city.

RobinInTexas, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  3. Soapmarine

Soapmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sounds great. But there should be a solution for this? Otherwise, there wont be any ecommerce in states?

4. RobinInTexas

Best Answers:
    If you are in one state and shipping to another state, you probably don't have to collect tax, unless your company has an office in the other state.

5. Soapmarine

Soapmarine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    actually, yes. It's based in Chicago only. So, should I only charge 9.25% for Chicago, and no taxes for other states?
    By the way, does it exist somewhere a reliable source of Chicago zipcodes to download? As I understand, I need to enter all Chicago zipcodes to activate the tax for the user, right?

6. RobinInTexas

Best Answers:
    It depends, I don't know about Illinois. You may have to collect different tax based on the city or county of the customer. You need to contact the Illinois state tax authorities for the rules. I am sure they have a website if you Google them