1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Rank For A Keyword Which is Already ranked in a lower position ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nithin Upendran, Jun 3, 2014.

Hi guys

I have doubt, one of my keyword is intially ranked in the 3rd page of google, how could i bring that 3rd page position to 2nd or first page ? Please don't say backlinks. Google's algorithms had changed a lot and i thing backlinks have not much effect on keyword movements.

Nithin Upendran, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you should check that your website is following Design and content guidelines, Technical guidelines and Quality guidelines shared by Google under Webmaster Guidelines. Second step should be choosing good sites for seo promotion either doing blog comment or article submission.

Backlinks are still important ranking factor. Read article "Backlinks = Rankings, Rankings = Traffic – Deal With It" source: searchenginewatch(dot)com/article/2347618/Backlinks-Rankings-Rankings-Traffic-Deal-With-It

Kristina Roy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  3. NukeBlaster

NukeBlaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just take social media marketing into account for a already ranked page and you'll get ranked highly magically.

NukeBlaster, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  4. Nithin Upendran

Nithin Upendran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, still article submissions work ? I dont think so.

Nithin Upendran, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  5. Irshad Ali

Irshad Ali Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Article submission much better effective. But, there is need fresh and informative content in terms of Google Panda update 4.0

Utilize those content only one or two website...

Irshad Ali, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Jim4767, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  7. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Please say some of the safest way to build backlinks ??

Nithin Upendran, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  8. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah man if you believe in my word do SMM....create as much as social signal you can ...if you don't ahve any youtube video create one just for formality ...SMM never put you on risk and it has great value in the eye of Google....

Pawan Singh, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  9. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, here I would say no article submission doesn't work any more why I am saying this is because as you are going to submit your article over the article directories you are going to put a link over it and same is going to strike you back i.e. it's going to trigger penalty means you will soon wipe yourself out from the ranking. I think you have heard matt cutt saying the submitting article over the article directories to get backlink is considered as spamming. What you can do here is instead of putting those articles over some articles why don't you create your own blog over your domain, do it like xyz.com/blog and submit your blog over there and now use the power of social media to drive traffic towards your blog, in this way your ranking is going to increase among the SEPRS and the chances of getting under the penalization...... also decreases.

John Dave, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  10. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Yea i admit it social signals plays an important role on seo.. please check my blog and review it
    http://www.top5trends.com

Nithin Upendran, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  11. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Seems Social Signals are required for ranking well.. Each day i see fluctuations on my rankings.. some day it will be on the seond page and some day it will be on 4th or 5th page.. Thing is that i need steady rankings.. rather than fluctuating rankings

12. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being after page 1-2 in the search results you should expect fluctuating rankings tho. You have more and more competition coming and going each day, some are moving up the rankings, others are penalized and so on... Being right in the middle of that you cannot do more but working to get a better rank and thus - greater exposure. You have already received a couple of good advises here, and regarding your backlinks just follow the logical way. Find other interesting places in your niche, look for relevancy and mutual benefits. You will be building links much slower but with a much stronger and long-lasting effect ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  13. jakeJF

jakeJF Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Abit of Tiered Link Building will see you rank all the way to the top. Either pay a SEO company or do it yourself. Check out Matthew Woodward's Ultimate Tiered Link Building guide: http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/the-ultimate-guide-to-tiered-link-building-part-1/

jakeJF, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  14. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok, i won't say "backlinks". i will say "natural backlinks".

nowadays there are few main ways for higher ranking.
    • quality content
    • linkbuilding
    • technical SEO

Garry_West, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  15. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging ? Does it value any more ? Matt Cutts has openly said , building backlinks via guest blogging are no longer secure...

16. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Yea i saw it :) it was an awesome video.. explained well :)

17. Nithin Upendran

Best Answers:
    Link building, still valids.. but how ?

18. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Social signals aren't counted by the search engines to rank you up over the SERPs, the fluctuation in rankings you are seeing might be because of the Google Dance or either it might be because of the link, your competitor might be putting too much effort with the links or......... we just can't tell why this fluctuation is seem why I am sure about Google Dance is because I am also seeing fluctuation in our ranking.

PS: Social Signals are not counted while ranking you over the SERPs.

John Dave, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  19. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is correct up to a point that for the most part guest blogging did turn into a marketplace for exchanging links. And with time thaat became so obvious that it was really easy for Google to change the rules and punish a few big names so they can scare the others. But the truth is that you can still use guest blogging the natural way - just be involved in communities, relevant to your business, post useful content that anyone can benefit from (not to just gain a backlink or two) and with time you will have your name known and more and more people would be interested to share or gain a link from you. That's why its never a quick and painless process, there IS time and patience involved ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 9, 2014 IP
  20. Mihai Alexandru

Mihai Alexandru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Garry made it very clear about backlinks. If you don't want to take in account paid backlinks, well, natural backlinks are much more appreciated.
    SEJ posted an interesting article in how to create a natural backlinks profile - http://www.searchenginejournal.com/6-super-tips-for-creating-a-natural-backlink-profile/16447/

Content can make the difference. Your articles should be written, firstly, for your users and then for search engines. If you have a great and attractive content, natural backlinks will make their appearance sooner than you expect. :)

Mihai Alexandru, Jun 9, 2014 IP