1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to monetize a blogging platform

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by YOUNGDW, May 13, 2014.

I'm starting a new blogging platform soon, where members will be able to publish videos,photos,audios, and text with a free(or unlimited) blog(s) from my platform. My question is, how could I monetize a blogging platform? And how do I effectively promote a blogging platform?

YOUNGDW, May 13, 2014 IP
  2. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my question is .. unless you have millions of dollars to invest into building a great blogging platform - why build one? ..

Your blogging platform will have to be a lot better than WordPress, Blogger, Empower Network Blogging Platform, Blogs, and many other blogging platforms that are constantly improving.

These blogging platforms make millions of dollars a year - so they are able to invest millions on their technologies and user interfaces.

What makes your blogging platform better than the Free WordPress Platform?

Not putting you down man.. but you have to be realistic about these things.

Build something people don't really have access to right now.

You will have to compete with all of these other Free Blogging Platforms that are investing millions of dollars into their platforms.

Take WordPress for example ... how do you think they monetize their blogging platform?

the WordPress Platform is completely free - so it is hard to find out how are they making the money.

If you think about it a bit more ... the money really is in the Themes and the Plugins for the Platform

I hope what Im sharing with you here can help you make good decisions.

If you really want to continue building your blogging platform - go for it! ... but just be aware of the competition and how much money they are investing into their platforms.

You would have to out work them - in order to build something better. And this means you will need to spend a lot of more money into the technology for the blogging platform.

I also have an idea for a blogging platform. I really do have great ideas on how to build the best blogging platform. But I'm gong to do it once I become a millionaire - so I can just invest more on better technology.

This is my best advice!

I wish you the best success online!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, May 16, 2014 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  3. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Snoopy240, but I still feel you can have a market for such type of portal.... don't call it a blogging platform, but something else may be which allows people to publish good content and get link back to their own website... but for that you will need hell of moderation required, because spammers are going to hold your neck if you don't do so... if you think you can build up something like this, go ahead... get users and lot of monetization options are there like Adsense, Chitika, BuysellAds and blahblah.... but without making someting valuable you are not going to have any of them working!

Analyst, Jun 8, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  4. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are a LOT of blogging options out there. If you have a unique angle, promoting the platform will be much easier. Just choose channels that you're familiar with and pursue a trial-and-error approach.

Keith Nimble, Jun 12, 2014 IP