1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Quick 2$ -- PHP/MySQL Bug Fix

Discussion in 'Programming' started by WorldKaoss, Jun 7, 2014.

I have an annoying bug in PHP that returns some of the data from MySQL 2 times. I've tried querying using "SELECT DISTINCT" but it's still the same.

I'm paying 2$ paypal to the first one that solves it and a big thank you. I'm struggling with it since 90 minutes and still nothing :(

WorldKaoss, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  2. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    Well your making it sound like a competition... Saying "first one to solve this" For real $2 is a rather enticing!

Even if it was a quick SQL or PHP fix.. $2 really!!!

Scares me to wonder what you tip if you go out to eat. A server does less than any programmer.

Tisk Tisk Tisk... The guy who does this for $2 should be ashamed!

If you wanted it done like a contest you should have shown us the code that is the issue.

And to get it done from a real programmer I don't see anyone doing it for $2.

I almost want $2 just for opening this thread; then responding to it....

KangBroke, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    OaldDesign, Feral and .3rok3n like this.
  3. WorldKaoss

WorldKaoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh my god, I'm asking for someone who could check a 7 line function. It's not like I'm asking for you to build an entire PHP framework in 10 minutes..

What would you expect me to pay, 500$ for it? Let's be real..

4. .3rok3n

.3rok3n Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    Well instead paying, you should have posted this problem in general programming.
    Its an insult, would you be doing it in $2?
    Peace!

.3rok3n, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    DuneDreamer and Feral like this.
  5. WorldKaoss

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm, didn't know about this rule. Thanks for saying!

If the mods can move this to General Programming that would be great. I still need someone to help me fix this.. but I will be online only another 45 minutes

6. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    He doesn't expected to get $500 but $2 payment sound to lame the lowest you could offer is $5 and that is low as well but $2 for php work it's a joke the $2 won't be enough to even just look at the code let alone fixing it.
    So give a little respect for the programmers here people who spent a lot of time learning programming and didn't had in mind the idea to get $2 for their work.

OaldDesign, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  7. Feral

Feral Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It never stops amazing me that someone will spend an exuberant amount of time on an issue they can't solve. Then come to a board like this to higher someone who has spent years building the experience to solve such issues, only to offer them such an insulting amount that you really just want to slap them.

Please, if you not going to offer a reasonable compensation for something that you yourself can not solve. Then do not even bother posting it. You are making a bad name for yourself and just plain look like an ass.

Feral, Jun 7, 2014 IP
    DuneDreamer likes this.
  8. WorldKaoss

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nevermind, I've managed to fix it myself in the end, turns out I had the result printed out inside a loop, instead of outside.

Offtopic: funny how everyone seems to be so moral around here, but put in the same situation, where you've completed 98% of something and you just need a bug fix, they would do the same..

9. DuneDreamer

DuneDreamer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Next time I expect the reward to be USD 1.50. The comments will be far more amusing. :)

DuneDreamer, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  10. DuneDreamer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are completely wrong. He believes that you posses such a deep understanding of sql and databases in general that it would be an insult for you to accept more than USD 2 for such a trivial task that will take you no more than a few seconds to solve. If he pays you more, it will mean that it has taken you a lot of time to solve the problem which will diminish you in your eyes and in the eyes of this wonderful community of professional programmers. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  11. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7

In the rare instances I hire a programmer, I ask them what is fair. If they say an unfair price I haggle. But $2 in America. Come on now. What can a person do with $2? Most of us do this for a living; a kid may accept $2 and go buy candy. But most of us actually have bills or attend schools where $2 is simply laughable.

Feral likes this.
  12. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7

Im not completely wrong. Completely wrong would be if I said you can fix it for negative $2. Whats wrong in your opinion is fair wages. And if where your from $2USD is a lot of money. Than I personally feel sorry for you. Makes me almost want to send you $2 just to help you out a bit. :D

Feral likes this.
  13. DuneDreamer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I completely agree with you. I was just kidding. I'm from Bulgaria but the situation here is no much different. I mean you cannot afford a decent meal with USD 2.

Feral and KangBroke like this.
  14. Feral

Feral Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Placed in the same situation I would never offer $2 for the fix because I would never insult someone with the knowledge to fix a problem I can not.

Feral, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  15. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7

I did not see this one. I would expect you to ask the programmer what it would cost. You can say your budget. And if your budget was only $2 then I wouldn't help you. You can atleast take into consideration it is a Saturday also. And I agree with the other guys, if someone saves my ass on code, id happily give em $10.

I give my pizza guy $4 just to deliver a pizza.

Feral and krishmk like this.
  16. creativeGenius

creativeGenius Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi everyone, we need not flame anyone on what they deem their price for the service is, we're just wasting precious time trying to argue about it, lets just say "you get what you pay for" if he gets quality service for the price he/she deems fair, then who are we to argue about it.

creativeGenius, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  17. Valkyrie™

Valkyrie™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    While the clients have every right to offer any amount they would like, $2 is an utter insult to every programmer out there. You want to say that I have to spend all my time so that my $2 contributes to the income of paypal ($1.something is the fee per payment). Try the general help forum, maybe you will get your problem fixed and not pay in the process.

Cheers.

Valkyrie™, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  18. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been thinking about this lately. This problem rolls both ways. People need to stop doing the work for it to change.

The market here has been entirely devalued by people who will churn out complete bullshit. 99.9% of what is offered as seo here is not even seo.

I have seen folks want a custom coded admin panel/cms of sorts for less than 100 dollars. Eventually, some dumbass will come along and do it. Therein lies the problem.

There was a pretty big shift when Shawn ported stuff over to xenforo. I will talk about that in a sec. lol..

I will post this elsewhere but perhaps someone needs to put a 10 dollar limit on a service here. Perhaps 5 taking a few things into consideration.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 8, 2014 IP
    creativeGenius likes this.