1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am searching web content writer

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Anju99, Mar 18, 2014.

Hello experts,

Yesterday I searched some companies for my web contents, I found most actractive name in list, named "Top SE Rankings" Link: http://topserankings.com/writing-services/

I hired this company for 6 high quality articles, today they send me articles. Now I wanted to know that how can I check its unique or high quality article ?

I searched article on Google & CopyScape but didn't find any result there.

Your quickest tips will be appreciated.

Anju

Anju99, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  2. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If you had run the articles on Copyscape and found no matches there, that means the article passes Copyscape. Now coming to the point of quality, that is a manual process. You need to read through the article and understand if it exactly answers the questions of the fact promised in the title. Also, check if it will be relevant and helpful for the readers you are wanting to publish the content for. If these factors are yes, then the article is of high quality.

Besides, the above factors, there's also the task of checking the grammar and punctuation. :)

Mainak Halder, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For checking into uniqueness, do not go for any FREE online plagiarism checkers. Use only Copyscape Premium. As far as I know, there is no tool that's better.
    Quality depends on what you are looking for. If the content satisfactorily conforms to your requirements, you can say it is of good quality. (The inputs here will definitely help you with this issue - https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/quality-writing.2711269/.)

Content Maestro, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    Mainak Halder likes this.
  4. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Outside of the above two, valid and useful suggestions.
    A simple google search taking long snippets of content wrapped in speech marks ie "hello world am I original" usually will show whether the content has been used on other websites.
    As for quality as Mainak Halder states quality is a manual process as the decision is yours, I believe content should be informative, easy to read, a relatively low keyword density (else the content becomes repetitive for the reader) that will grab users attention. If you've got the above, ticked and crossed all the boxes, you are in for the win!
    In future, take a look at DP's BST Services area, there are some great writers here offering competitive pricing with samples available in advance. I've just booked some regular work in to start padding a site out.

-bank-, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Good suggestions by -bank-.
    If I am not wrong, Google limits the search string you put in double quotes to 32 words and Yahoo to 50. Nevertheless, checking a couple of snips will surely help.
    To override this limitation, one way I think is to use a software or some tool or may be a proxy that changes your IP address and then check your content in parts, using different IP addresses. When you check once, the plagiarism checker records your IP and after you exceed the limits of usage, blocks it for the next 24 hours. When it detects a different IP, it is not able to identify that it's the same person checking again. (I don't know if this will work ... have never tried it myself .... but if someone has given this a shot, please tell what happened. Or share if you have another idea.)
    For checking the percentage of uniqueness, as far as FREE online tools are concerned, I would suggest the following two -
    1) For offline text:
    http://plagiarisma.net – This tool uses Google (only for registered members), Babylon and Yahoo search engines. You can use either Babylon or Yahoo at a time. An option for exact search is also provided. This tool has support for more than 190 languages and you can also check online content by entering the page address. For offline text, you have the option of uploading a file. PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT, TXT and HTML formats are supported. The count for each sentence and the domains that contain the sentence are displayed in results. For free use, you can use the tool only once per day. Unique content is highlighted in yellow at the end and you can also see the percentage of originality.
    2) For online web pages:
    www.plagspotter.com – You can check for copies of your web page by entering its url in the provided box. After you press the search button, the results are displayed very quickly in two tabs. The 'Sources Report' tab displays the list of urls on which a copy of your content exists along with the percentage of matched content. In the 'Originality Report' tab, you can find the duplicate content highlighted. When you click on a particular line, the pages that contain the line will be displayed at the right. For using the batch search feature, registration is required. I am not sure about the limit of pages you can search at a time, but I was able to check 8 pages (each page individually) at once after which the tool did not allow further checking.
    Anyway, I would STILL suggest that you stick to Copyscape Premium.

That's very important.
    2-3% is usually considered ideal. Most of my clients don't allow me to exceed that. So for a 500-words article, you can use 10-15 keywords (or a single keyword that many times). But see to it that the keywords are uniformly distributed or evenly spaced. If you put all of them in one place or 'overstuff' your content beyond the recommended density, especially for fast indexing by search engines (- 'over-optimization' as some call it), this may cause their bots to reject it. Also, make sure that keywords flow properly with the content so that it looks natural, not spun.

I hope this helps. Good luck.:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Content Maestro, Mar 31, 2014 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  6. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Af for me..i deal directly with writers on Fiverr and individual writers are always better. I now have a team who can produce excellent articles.

sumdor, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  7. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    unplag.com, www.plagiarism-detect.com/ - the last one is free and VERY good (no, I don't work there:)

Karuna17, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  8. debajyotibanerji

debajyotibanerji Member

Best Answers:
    You can check here - http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

debajyotibanerji, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  9. bianca0085

bianca0085 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

10 - 15 keywords in a 500 word article? 2 - 3% used to be the industry norm but now that just seems like overkill. Add in a few keywords, as well as variations of those keywords and keep the content quality high - otherwise it's pretty obvious you're just trying to reach a target with your keyword density and it'll do more harm than good.

bianca0085, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You are right. Even if keyword density is set that low, content does not appear natural. Some time ago even this was considered low and I had clients who accepted nothing below 5%. Now search engine algorithms have changed a lot and it's not content stuffed with keywords that's picked up, but that which sounds natural and has a flow.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Content Maestro, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  11. bianca0085

bianca0085 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've had clients request anything up to 15% keyword density in the past (albeit a few years ago) and it always seemed so strange to me that many never thought to ask for advice from their writers about how they should go about constructing "google-friendly" content. After all, we're supposed to be the experienced ones in all of this, aren't we?

bianca0085, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  12. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    15% is crazy! A density so high can only ruin the content quality. Let alone “Google-friendliness”. Really funny clients want their writers to follow every instruction without the least regard for their opinions.
    Not only that. When things go wrong (because of their own misdoing) and they don't see their site on top, we are the ones being blamed. Someone has said it right - “Clients! Can't live with them, can't live without them.”

Content Maestro, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  13. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are not familiar with the english language, you might have difficulting judging the quality of the articles. I suggest you hire a proofreader from an english speaking country to help you with that.

Mr Right, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  14. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    15%!!!! - That's really cool. I wonder how did Google accept their site with density that high :)

Karuna17, Jun 2, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  15. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    You should also put them through a readability check. That's pretty easy and free. Read the first line - are you absolutely sure what it means or is there ambiguity? Next, did you start reading the next line automatically or was your mind distracted enough for you to have realized that the next line awaits? :p

BhaskarD, Jun 7, 2014 IP