1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Mystery of Search Engine Updates

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Sungnani, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    How do seo experts get to know when the search engines are doing an update? You know, like Google's panda, humming birds and all. I have been searching for this but I can't seem to find a way. Any leads?

Thanks.

Sungnani, May 16, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows, but it's a kind of feeling true SEO gurus have. It happens in the times when the fresh wave of new SEOs gets too fat, impudent, asking for too big money, over-exploiting someones technique on mass-scale filling the WEB with junky links, and SERPs with junky content.

Karuna17, May 16, 2014 IP
  3. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those detections come from monitoring. When traffic changes substantially on a website in matter of just a couple of days or all of a sudden, you ask other webmasters if they have experienced something similar. If they confirm, then the change starts to be analysed as a search engine update.

More recently, Matt Cutts has been announcing some algorithm updates on his Twitter account.

Tedel, May 16, 2014 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from Matt Cutts announcement there are some popular blog sites like searchengineland that is up to date with this kind of changes in algorithm and will be shared on its regular visitors from the blog then spreading in every sharing through different platforms.

KylieSweet, May 19, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Couple days ago a panic at BHW happened: several authoritative members reported drops in main keywords rankings, and someone posted a rumor of it been a new algorithm update.
    Lol. The discussion following this craze lasted for many hours and pages:)

Karuna17, May 20, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before every algo update I get a tingly feeling from my left year and my fingernails grow at twice their normal rate :D

Rado_ch, May 20, 2014 IP
  7. msx

msx Member

Best Answers:
    Few of resources for SE tracking: http://moz.com http://mozcast.com and http://searchengineland.com

msx, May 20, 2014 IP
  8. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    @Sungnani , I'm kinda interested man why did you start this topic on Friday? There were sings that something Panda 4.0 had been going with rankings at they time already. What did you notice then?

Karuna17, May 21, 2014 IP
  9. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    As Search Engines wants to improve they changes there algorithms and update SE results and pro comes up with discussions on how to get rankings back with updated algo and start making money back. Its just like Mobile tech where companies release news over internet with various channels to market. Same with SE's

jazzyjmnote, May 28, 2014 IP
  10. Sungnani

Sungnani Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site for my car rental business which had been ranking well after following some seo teachings then the panda's were set loose and my site's rankings dropped drastically and affected my business just as much. So I went on a quest to find out how I can stay updated by Google about what they really want but did not find any satisfactory answers. That is why I turned to this forum. The responses here have helped me tremendously. Now I the rankings are slowly picking up

Sungnani, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  11. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Google want's us make good content. And I'm sure the tendency will last in the future updates. In years to come Search Engines will become even pickier to content quality. Long-term projects have to invest in building good writers pools

Karuna17, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  12. 7searchguys

7searchguys Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are numerous online sources that break news regarding Google's animal kingdom of updates. I would recommend following SearchEngineWatch, MarketingLand, AskPPCBlog, ClickZ, and SearchEngineLand online (Twitter/Facebook or subscribe to their newsletters) to stay on top of breaking news.

7searchguys, Jun 6, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.