1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your Blog's Alexa Rankings??!

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Snoopy240, May 1, 2014.

whattss up awesom DP Community!

I haven't posted here in a while... glad to be back for a while lol :cool:

I have a question and something to share about Blogging and Alexa Rankings.

Am I the only who uses Alexa Rankings to help me build up the traffic to my blog? ...anyone else analyses and checks out other blog's Alexa Rankings to help you get better Alexa Rankings for your blog? ..

I hope these questions make sense lol

Since having a good Alexa Ranking means more daily traffic to the blog - working on lowering you Alexa Ranking Number can help you build a successful blog online.

You will have to be consistently marketing your blog on the internet, to get traffic every single day. The more daily traffic to your blog, the lower your Alexa Rankings will get. And that is good news for every blogger online! :cool:

Do you check other blog's Alexa Rankings, to see what they are doing to get results? ..

What's your blog's Alexa Rankings? ... you should share them here, take a screen shot and post an image of the ranking :cool: lol ... (just an idea) .. :)

[​IMG]

I'm still working on my internet marketing blog and the daily traffic flow. You can see that I can use a lot of improvement!... lol

But I have been very serious on making this one blog, a successful blog online, for the past 3 months or so. I'm still learning new blogging and internet marketing knowledge, but I don't think I can consider myself a newbie newbie anymore lol ...

I have other blogs online, but this is the one that had and has my entire concentration for now, because I really like to re-teach what I have learned and keep learning. I really enjoy helping others succeed.

I guess it is in our human nature to naturally enjoy and have a passion on creating valuable things for others and help them accomplish, what you have accomplished yourself already.

Anyways... if you like this topic, leave your reply! :cool:

What do you think? ..

Much success everyone!!

Cheers! :)

Snoopy240, May 1, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome back.

I have none and don't care about it either, only traffic I use is Google Analytics or the stats from my server. In my own opinion Alexa isn't as accurate as it once was before Amazon bought Alexa that makes absolutely no sense. Everyone doesn't really look at their Alexa or rankings these days as they don't know how to do so especially the people that isn't developer and some of bloggers don't even know the purpose of Alexa or that Alexa exists and same goes with Google Pagerank and only thing you should focus is to your own traffic instead of relying on some services that doing the guessing because practically that's what Alexa is as Alexa have no idea how much traffic you truly do get and only can see the right amount of traffic is yourself and Google Analytics if you add tracking code.

Joshie, May 5, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I do check out Alexa, but it's of use only for high-traffic sites, since i work mostly with small, narrow-niche projects, Alexa's here of little use -- it's results often fall very far from reality.

Karuna17, May 5, 2014 IP
  4. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I know there are people who don't even know what Alexa is and what the rankings are ... but just like there are people like that there are also people who actually do look at this and use the Alexa Tracking Tools (the Paid Alexa Membership) and Alexa Rankings to help them build a successful blog online.

I actually just switched that Internet Marketing Blog to a new Domain Name - so now my new Alexa Ranking is 17,253,255 ... :eek:

And that's because the Domain Name is new and it just started to get daily traffic. (for the past 3 days) lol

Anyways...

thanks for the replies guys!

Much success!

Cheers!

Snoopy240, May 5, 2014 IP
  5. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is 381,875 according to the toolbar right now. It's better than it used to be by a long shot. Heh.

wwstewart, May 11, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My blog alexa rank is:- 318,994

iwebsocial, May 12, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. Avallon1

Avallon1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is not accurate, specially for small websites. For myself, I use it a lot in one of my sites that have around 500k PV/Month because advertisers care about it when your traffic is really high. Low experience advertisers compare between websites and portals by Alexa.

Other than that, Alexa has no use at all.

Use google trends and analytics to analyze your traffic and your competitors traffic and concentrate on Keywords ranking in google.

BTW, my large website ranking is around the 9,000 @ Alexa :p

Avallon1, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  8. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I truly don't believe that Alexa is the most accurate in generating information such as traffic and others although I do have Alexa tracking code in my blog but did it in case if anyone else think Alexa is important or think Alexa is valuable.

The alexa for my website is: 353,017.
    [​IMG]

Joshie, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  9. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per as i Know Alexa Rank is not that accountable to the seo of Blog or website. It is just a way of standing and may not be accurate for all. Most of the traffic that Alexa gather for ranking (other factor as well) comes from the installation of their toolbar or extensions, hence those with toolbar give more weight-age if visited the site else not. So do not go much deeper in Alexa rank try improve the page rank for SEO and focus on social media.

mollie.fr, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  10. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do use Alexa ranking and also care about it, but, only in a general way and average sense. Alexa can give you a very rough estimate about a site's backlinks, and page views stats. It also tells about the geographical bending as well. And, as mollie.fr told, yes, using Alexa toolbar improves your Alexa ranking better than not having the toolbar. Perhaps they want to promote their toolbar :)

enhu, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My blog alexa rank is:- 320,000

ETA, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  12. Bart Nash

Bart Nash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do use the Alexa toolbar. I don't use Alexa to look at my own traffic and I certainly don't or wont use Google analytic's to track my blogs rankings. However I do use Alexa for some quick information such as where back-links are coming from. But mostly if I'm thinking of working with someone new or talking to someone and they tell me there site is getting thousands of hits a day or week and there Alexa score is in the millions, I know they are full of themselves.

My Alexa score goes up and down monthly depending on many things. the lowest score I had was 38,000 Barts_Alexa_Rank.png Barts_Alexa_Rank.png Barts_Alexa_Rank.png

Bart Nash, Jul 4, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. rahu_l_

rahu_l_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rahu_l_, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  14. muali

muali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My blog has a tragic story. A few months ago, it has alexa rankings of nearly 300,000 but then I changes its domain to free .tk domain. I did hard work on it to get some good rankings and when I got a handsome ranking, dot.tk deleted my account saying that my site was unavailable which was wrong. I quickly bought a .com domain from godaddy yesterday and so I will have to wait for getting some good rankings :)

muali, Jul 15, 2014 IP