1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the documents required for paypal Business account for Indian users?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by priyanka124, May 29, 2014.

I am starting an online ecommerce website.Paypal is the primary payment gateway in my website. Currently I am having paypal premier account but not able to accept payments under my newly established website.

So what are the documents required to have a business account for indian user.I am not having any tax documents under my company name as I recently started my website.

Also I don't have light bill under my company name.It's under my dad name.

Please guide me to get business account.As I am scared if I not able to provide required documents my account will get limited.

Thank you.

priyanka124, May 29, 2014 IP
  2. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you not able to accept payments?

You only need to enter valid PAN, Purpose Code, local bank account for withdrawals and confirmed email address to use PayPal

nihangshah, May 30, 2014 IP
  3. Prahlad Yeri

Prahlad Yeri Active Member

Best Answers:
    "...having paypal premier account but not able to accept payments..." is pretty vague. Have you gone through the paypal developer docs and tested your implementation in a sandbox environment before going live? If you have an issue, you can post your code here and we can tell you whats wrong with that.

As regards document, the only thing needed by paypal is a valid PAN number and local back account details so that money could be transferred there. Once you update these details in paypal, there won't be any limitations and you can receive payments upto $10,000 per day.

Prahlad Yeri, May 31, 2014 IP
  4. Vivek Nanda

Vivek Nanda Member

Best Answers:
    @priyanka124 foremost, you'll need to enter your PAN card number and bank account details (to start auto-withdrawal of your payments). In case your account is put on hold for verification (happens with new accounts and is nothing to be scared of), then you'll need to send across a scanned copy of govt. issued document - passport works best, but PAN card also comes in handy.

To start with a business account under your own name, choose for merchant type to be 'sole trader' or proprietor. In this way, you won't need to supporting documents for your business name.

Vivek Nanda, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  5. divya madhu

divya madhu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my company have paypal account , you need pan card in company name. if you have Privatelimited company then you can apply for a pan card . and you need bank account in company name. that all you need for getting PP account for a indian company

divya madhu, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  6. priyanka124

priyanka124 Member

Best Answers:
    I have already verified my paypal account.Just wanted to upgrade my current premier account to Business account.

1) I have bank account under my name not my company name.

2) I have Pan card registered under my name and linked to paypal and not on my company name.

Is this both are sufficient to upgraded to business paypal account?

priyanka124, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  7. Vivek Nanda

Vivek Nanda Member

Best Answers:
    @priyanka124 yes, its more than sufficient.
    All you got to do is to login to your PayPal account and click on the 'Upgrade' link which shows up next to your account type.

Enter the business details then on. Wherever it asks for the PAN, enter your personal PAN no.

Vivek Nanda, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  8. iBoot

iBoot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Next step will be, if business goes well just get shop act license and open bank a/c with company name.

iBoot, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  9. MysticPen

MysticPen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same situation. What do I add in the "Business registration date" ?

MysticPen, Mar 24, 2016 IP