1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do people like baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by theunreachablestar, May 27, 2014.

I never made it past Tee Ball. I don't understand why people love a game where literally half the game you sit in the dug out and then the other half of the game the majority of the players stand in the field hoping the ball comes their way? I can't wrap my mind around why people love this game.

theunreachablestar, May 27, 2014 IP
  2. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    Why do people like just about anything? We're all different, do you really think that your point of view is the most correct one?
    PS: I don't like and don't understand baseball, so I'm not here to defend it.

FTS!, May 27, 2014 IP
  3. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well I can't say that I love baseball, but I'd still like to offer insight as to why I like baseball.
    • I like the sound of the ball hitting a metal bat when it's smacked out of the ball park (whether it's me batting or watching the batter).
    • I like the overhand pitch and how fast pitchers can throw the ball with incredible speed.
    • I like the excitement that follows after seeing how attentive players are on the field when an opposing player tries to steal a base or two.
    • I like the excitement of a home run.

CU_Designs, May 27, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise likes this.
  4. theunreachablestar

theunreachablestar Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I could just hit balls the whole time baseball would be awesome. So pretty much just a batting cage haha.

theunreachablestar, May 27, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise and CU_Designs like this.
  5. John Fisihetau

John Fisihetau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love baseball because of the teams I have played for, ball club I worked for, and for the games I've been too. It's a great game. Just like anything else, most people have to have some experience with something before they can truly say they like it or not.

John Fisihetau, May 27, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise likes this.
  6. Digital Noise

Digital Noise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is funny because I think watching baseball on television is like watching grass grow. I just can't get into it. However, take me to the stadium to watch a game and it is a blast. There is magic and energy being a part of the crowd!

Digital Noise, Jun 2, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  7. John Fisihetau

John Fisihetau Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's definitely a cheaper alternative than going out and buying an expensive ticket to a Redsox's or Yankee's game. A batting cage might not be a bad date idea either!

John Fisihetau, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  8. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like Baseball game, because of
    1. Baseball players wear the best uniforms, and their faces are not covered by helmets, like in other sports.
    2. Baseball is so good that teams don't need to have cheerleaders to distract the crowd from a really horrible loss.
    3. There is no sport that values history as much as baseball does. Every season in baseball, records are set and crushed.
    4. It is the only sport that forces the team that is winning to continue to play out the game. It doesn't matter how much of a lead they have, the entire game is played.

janinaherz, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  9. ruth007

ruth007 Banned

Best Answers:
    i like i hope baseball beast game in the World

ruth007, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  10. Danielzo

Danielzo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guess it also has something to do with the way that it is promoted in countries from all around the world. In my case, the media pretty much promoted soccer, tennis and basketball, so there really isn’t a way for people to enjoy baseball unless they try to learn more about it.

To be honest, I was never truly able to make the difference between baseball and cricket- didn’t try either, so I can’t really say that I’m a fan.

Danielzo, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  11. Jordan98

Jordan98 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's America's favorite past time. Personally, I don't like watching it on TV but I love being at the game (Wrigley Field is awesome) or playing it.

Jordan98, Aug 13, 2014 IP
    theunreachablestar likes this.
  12. Chris Kraft

Chris Kraft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why do people like golf? Baseball is a sport that is aquired to enjoy

Chris Kraft, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  13. jmcleod2

jmcleod2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love baseball. My team is the Oakland A's. I like following baseball because it is so team oriented. You really have to have chemistry to win, which is really unique because it is a lot of plays made very individually.

jmcleod2, Feb 17, 2015 IP