1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which freelancing site is better?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ankituli, May 28, 2014.

Hello Friends...I am a SEO Analyst. I just want to do SEO and Data Entry work as a freelancer. So i just want to know that form the given sites which one is better and why? i.e. freelancer.com, oDesk.com, Elance.com, Guru.com

ankituli, May 28, 2014 IP
  2. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually hired someone on Odesk.com two months ago. However, my ex-husband, who was a graphic artist, had good luck with Elance.com and Guru.com. With that said, I will hire someone from Odesk.com again.

Sabrina73, May 28, 2014 IP
  3. ankituli

ankituli Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx Sabrina for Reply...You can also hire me at oDesk for your SEO related needs...my oDesk id is amaninfotechltd

ankituli, May 30, 2014 IP
  4. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It might be better to solicit companies directly. You'll get paid more.

Alyssa Lochmore, May 30, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    This question has been asked here many times already.
    I've dealt personally with and have accounts at first three, but have never tried guru.com
    It's not like which one's good -- they all are good, it's the question of what you think they can do for you:)

Karuna17, May 30, 2014 IP
  6. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    guru.com has always been good to me

Pastorsinlot, May 30, 2014 IP
  7. Tom hanks

Tom hanks Member

Best Answers:
    I think for SEO and Data Entry work Odesk.com will be better than other freelancing sites.

Tom hanks, May 30, 2014 IP
  8. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com for bigger projects and translation jobs
    Odesk for SEO or low end jobs
    Guru and Elance for anything mainstream

Guide, May 31, 2014 IP
  9. MatthewDunlap

MatthewDunlap Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been very happy with the service I have received at Elance. Even though it has been a few years since I tried it out, I was not especially impressed with the website setup of oDesk, it just seemed like a more cluttered version. I think that the same goes for all of the sites though – it depends on whom you hire.

MatthewDunlap, May 31, 2014 IP
  10. iedigcom

iedigcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    elance and freelancer is best but you have pass examination for project and project cost is too low.... its better to use linkdin

iedigcom, May 31, 2014 IP
  11. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Odesk seems to be little complicated, try freelancer.com instead. pass few exams related to your genre and you can surely get some good projects there. All the best in advance.

impishme84, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  12. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    All same

kalseo, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  13. Daley1

Daley1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I would go with Elance for the simple fact that I am familiar with it. oDesk seems nice enough and freelancer seems ok for some of the more complicated workings. I would prefer if we could somehow get it all together though – I have noticed that some of the good people on Elance for example are not on Freelancer and vice versa.

Daley1, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  14. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have an account with a few. However, last year I made a large amount of money via ODesk. The trick to finding the good paying clients is to go look at the jobs late at night or early in the morning. That is when the buyers are desperate to have work completed and they actually offer rates that are worth the job that they need done.

funmom91, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  15. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a comparison of the top freelance sites:

1. Staff.com - best site for full time / part work from home jobs. It's free to signup and there are no upfront fees or anything that will be taken out from your bank account when you post your resume on their site.
    2. Odesk / Elance - they've just merged last year and these sites are focused in hiring part time workers for any clients around the world.
    3. Fiverr - it's a site that offers $5 for all the services that you can do online.
    4. Freelancer - geared towards fixed-bid work, minimum bid ($50) keeps out some lower-quality programmers (also requires payment to start account)

Hope this helps.

jonrod, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  16. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, but the advantage of going to a job bidding site is that you don't have to seek out the clients. They come looking for you. It does take time to bid on projects, though. You also do have to watch out for scams.

Boost_Software, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  17. kaibril

kaibril Member

Best Answers:
    I would choose Odesk. There are so much jobs to offer there. I have been working there for almost years already. I have no problem with it. It's quite tough to be hired though because of so many competitions.

kaibril, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  18. krisharticles

krisharticles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think these all are bunch of shit because here you need to pay some fees, on the other way if you have little bit experience here in DP(& such other) you can make direct contact with your client to get paid more & also it will be very simple & frequent because there is need of only a single mail account and a single payment processing account(i.e.Paypal).

krisharticles, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  19. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    You can checkout odesk.com, saw some decent freelancers there while working on there few months ago.

Cloudcandy Host, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  20. harvy

harvy Banned

Best Answers:
    It is more chance to select your eligible jobs in odesk, freelance.com, elance and guru. You should have to wait for the approval for your bid to work. There is no fixed price. There are more freelancers in freelance.com and this is the highest volume works and service providers. So,the bidding amount is competitive with more experience to complete the job in time. But odesk pays hourly service amount than other sites. Generally the job providers search the service providers with more experience and feedback by others. So, it is hard to enter into first and get a good feed back. After getting good feed back you may go through for more jobs.

harvy, Jun 22, 2014 IP