1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Movie theaters

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Laielady, May 27, 2014.

Made to tend to almost every need, movie theaters make loads of money drawing costumes to view films for what seems to be over priced. The experience itself is a treat. Most times going to the actual movie theater isn't something you would do all the time, but at special occasions. To me the movie theater is something I'd like to do maybe once or twice a month, but to go all the time would be, a waste of money, and overtime going constantly you could possibly get sick of it.

Laielady, May 27, 2014 IP
  2. theunreachablestar

theunreachablestar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only go to the movie theater when I'm impatient to wait for the red box like the new X-Men movie. I couln't wait. Or there are some movies that were just made for movie theaters, like gravity. It wouldn't be the same on a tablet.

theunreachablestar, May 27, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Twice a month would like going all the time to me. I'd go maybe once every couple of months, maybe less.

As for tending to almost every need - you have to be kidding!
    I can't pause when I need to go to the loo
    I can't rewind when I didn't quite catch some of the dialogue
    I can't send the noisy toddlers away because I think the movie is unsuitable or it's past their bed time

sarahk, May 27, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We go to a movie theater when looking for a "night out" and everyone can agree on movie that is going to be seen. We get a AAA discount on the movie tickets, though it is still very expensive. Most interesting is that the soda/snacks, if purchase in the theater basically double the total cost of the movie, in my experience.

One thing that I insist on, however, is that the theater have stadium seating. That way, if someone tall with a hat sits in front of me, I can still see the whole screen. I have stopped going to any theater that does not offer this enhanced seating.

jrbiz, May 29, 2014 IP
  5. chase_buie

chase_buie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Movies are one of my favorite things to decompress and relax. I dont usually go to the theatre so when i do it usually more of special occasion compared to normal day to day stuff. Once every couple months is what it regular for me. Like you were saying its expensive there.

Once stadium seating was available i couldnt go back to regular seating. It helps make the experience a little easier and more comfortable. Now only if everything wasnt double the price as it normally outside of theatre would it be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    chase_buie, May 30, 2014 IP
  6. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot go to the movie theatre, not at least at my choice. The last time I went was about back in '02 or '03 when a ex girlfriend begged me to death to go to a movie theatre on a date and I would always say "absolutely no, no!" until I gave in just for once to make her happy but I have a reason for that.

The reason I would never go to a movie theatre beside very few times, probably 4-5 times in all 27 years of my life is because I am against them, why am I against them? I am hard of hearing and only I am able to know what they are saying so I can understand the movie itself is if they have captions and they never do and that gets me to be against every movie threatre places (especially the manufacturers that make the projector/screening), I mean don't they ever know that not ever customers are able to hear? So I only buy DVDS which that explains how come I have several shelves of DVDs.

Joshie, May 30, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe that going to theater once in a month or two, definitely a waste of money and overtime going could possibly get you sick.
    Rather I prefer to see review first and then going to watch movie.

janinaherz, Jun 28, 2014 IP