1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Make The Internet Better (With A Search Engine)?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Xangis, May 22, 2014.

I'm working on building a new search engine (wbsrch.com), and my big question is: What can I do to make the internet a better place?

Right now, the market leader in search is using their power to make the internet worse by destroying anything that doesn't benefit them. Crusades against "paid links", also known as "advertising", "spam", also known as "things that don't generate us enough money per click", "guest blogging", also known as "communities reaching each other without going through us first" and "unnatural links", also known as "things that don't point to our social network" are breaking the web.

Everyone's ad revenue is going down, and competition in advertising is shrinking. If you're in the ad-supported content game, you basically take what the market leader gives you, or you're left pecking at a shrinking pile of crumbs and scraps.

I'm still very early in the game, and what I've built is admittedly not great yet, but I'm in it for the long haul. I doubt I'll ever be #1 or #2, but it would be nice to give people another reasonable alternative. As a web developer, I'm not OK with a single company having so much power over my ability to make a living.

What does the future hold for search and advertising, and what can I do to make it better?

Xangis, May 22, 2014 IP
  2. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Spend time on project and check your luck... If backlinks required for your new website then message and we could help.

jazzyjmnote, May 28, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Offering links could be considered an insult by a developer working on a new search engine and trying to make Internet a better place:)
    Have you read his Philosophy document?

Karuna17, May 28, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    @Xangis , what many Internet user would like from a search engine is a greater attention to content's quality.

Another thing is easily-accessed modifications of SERP output. Google with it's new interface has become really uncomfortable if you use two or three languages simultaneously at one account.

I'm sure you know all the stuff: less paid links, less advertising, less blog posts of 500 words/$5

Karuna17, May 28, 2014 IP
  5. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    For marketing his Search Engine Backlinks are required for Google traffic anyways and if Google traffic is not wanted then even Guest Posts required to market and spread words about SE.

jazzyjmnote, May 28, 2014 IP
  6. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feedback. I know I have a long road ahead and it's far from great so far, but every day it gets better.

Links are always welcome, but only if you genuinely think it's worth linking to. :)

Xangis, May 30, 2014 IP
  7. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like it and I really like the idea behind it. One question though; how do I get my site included? I'm number 1 in Google, Bing, Yahoo and others for "Jameyson's Blog", but I don't even show up in yours.

Jameyson MacDonald, May 30, 2014 IP
  8. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a blog on your search page and write about google.

GFX2, May 30, 2014 IP