1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question Regarding Alexa Ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, May 20, 2014.

We are all Familiar with Alexa Rank
    When we create sub domain of our site we get same alexa on sub domain for Example : abc.abc.com
    but when we create blog on blogspot and wordpress we got different alexa for example : abc.wordpress.com or abc.blogspot.com

can you please tell me how they measure it.

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, May 20, 2014 IP
  2. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa Ranking details are rough estimated data and hence it is not so much precise and accurate. However people use to have a average traffic details.

iwebsocial, May 20, 2014 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you would get a different Alexa for wordpress and blogspot domains. They are totally different websites, while if you use your OWN website to create a subdomain, the ALEXA rank is the same as your main domain! ;)

patco, May 25, 2014 IP
  4. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I somewhat agree with @patco the sites having sub domain like abc.wordpress.com or abc.blogspot.com is completely different site means here the site is over the wordpress or blogspot, this makes it independent site while if you create a subdomain over your own domain i.e. abc.abc.com means here the page rank that abc.com website has is some is going to the abc.abc.com because it is considered as you own site even if it's subdomain. In short you can say abc.blogspot.com comes under different domain while abc.abc.com comes under the same.

John Dave, May 28, 2014 IP
  5. ishav.khan

ishav.khan Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes , alexa ranking does not affect sites visitor, traffic and user navigation

ishav.khan, May 29, 2014 IP
  6. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa really does pretty rough estimates basing on the usage of their toolbar and web-site plugins some webmasters put on their pages. Their data is more accurate in the top segment, but when it comes to beginner blogs, it has often little to do with reality.

Karuna17, May 30, 2014 IP
  7. moviemaniaonline

moviemaniaonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi my main domain is :http://www.moviemaniaonline.com/and subdomain : http://download.moviemaniaonline.com/ and i paid traffic exchange companies for my both sites and traffic to my subdomain affected my alexa rank.

moviemaniaonline, Nov 1, 2016 IP