1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So I get this email title eBay Password Reset Required from Devin Wenig...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by misohoni, May 25, 2014.

Saying:
    Here's what we know: This attack occurred between late February and early March and resulted in unauthorized access to a database of eBay users that includes customers' name, encrypted password, email address, physical address, phone number and date of birth.

Great! As a long term ebay user, I feel let down by them and probably think it's time to close my account.

I think for the guy in charge Devin Wenig, I can't imagine anything worse which could of happened to eBay with him at the helm (and I'm surprised he didn't get fired!)

I noticed he's also got a nice little $6 million salary package going on via Forbes too:
    http://www.forbes.com/profile/devin-wenig/

misohoni, May 25, 2014 IP
  2. coolpavan

coolpavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is there any official update regarding this ?

coolpavan, May 25, 2014 IP
  3. Mercury's Child

Mercury's Child Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very annoyed that it has taken them this long to let anyone know it even happened. Gee, didn't heartbleed happen in the meantime; couldn't they have said something then?

Oh, and you should probably change your paypal password as well; they are saying it wasn't compromised, but it isn't worth the risk imo.

Mercury's Child, May 25, 2014 IP
  4. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I received the email too. They stated they had encountered a cyber-attack on their corporate information network, not sure if it was related to heartbleed though.

fare, May 27, 2014 IP
  5. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is saddening especially from one of the largest ecommerce website. I wrote an article about entire of databases is stolen and has been for 2 months while the employees of Ebay know about this without notifying anybody anything about it and more along with a source: Ebay: You are hacked!

Joshie, May 27, 2014 IP