1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Frequency of keywords in article

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by MaxKovat, May 22, 2014.

Hello, everyone! :cool:

I've been searching the forums for the thread where it would be mentioned how much keywords I should use per article so that Google doesn't ban me right from the start.

Say, my average article is 300 words. I have three main keywords, aside from the ones that are connected to a theme of a certain article.

Is it ok if I use per 3 sentences one of these main keywords? Overall, it turns out that the same keyword I use once in 6-9 sentences.

Or, have the rules changed and I better learn the new template for writing?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

MaxKovat, May 22, 2014 IP
  2. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest there is no specific guide. Keyword density is important but my advice would be to mention it no more than 3 times in a 300 word article, it looks more natural that way.

lightlysalted, May 22, 2014 IP
    Marianne Thompson and danasurvey like this.
  3. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    In 2014, go as conservative as you possibly can. When it comes to my content, if I have a 300-500 word article, I will only include my target keyword 1-2 times. Once in the <h1> tag and once elsewhere. It's much more important to get your keyword in the <Title>, <Description> and URL. And again, go conservative in these slots as well too. Typically I only put the target keyword in 2/3 of these slots.

Additionally, what many people don't realize is: keyword over-optmization applies to individual parts of your keyword phrase. For example, if your keyword is 'dallas mortgage company', even if you only use that phrase 1 time together, if you have 'dallas' on your page 40 times, you're going to get hit by Panda. How do you get around this: read below.

So how will Google know what my page is about if I don't include my keyword X-amount of times?

The Google algorithm is smart, very smart. They have done a great job of coding in semantic referencing, so use it to your advantage. And what I mean by this is to use synonyms as much as possible. Instead of saying 'dallas mortgage company', use words like
    • Dallas: 75001, Southfork Ranch
    • Mortgage: Home financing, home loans
    • company: business, provider
    By using synonyms, you're getting credit for your keyword phrase and avoiding Panda over-optimization at the same time.

DiggitySEO, May 22, 2014 IP
  4. Crystal D'souza

Crystal D'souza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best keyword density is 2% maximum.

Crystal D'souza, May 23, 2014 IP
  5. BenQ

BenQ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep it low and natural. Never try to keyword stuff an article. As long as the article reads well and is "about" the subject using some LSI keywords you'll be fine.

BenQ, May 23, 2014 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Use lots of synonyms and related words.

Jim4767, May 23, 2014 IP
  7. MaxKovat

MaxKovat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the help!

MaxKovat, May 24, 2014 IP
  8. MaxKovat

MaxKovat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be honest, that's the first time I've heard about using synonyms. But I liked it right away - leaves you more options for making your article "wordly rich" :)

MaxKovat, May 24, 2014 IP
  9. bindaasproperty

bindaasproperty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its true but as every professional aware that keyword density is always less then 3% . Its also hard to write content having 1% keyword density.But yes it will be very natural way to getv ranking in Search Engine Like Google.

bindaasproperty, May 24, 2014 IP
  10. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, things have changed.
    It's no longer all about keyword density, it's about the natural use of synonyms and language variations within the text.
    The real solution is to be simple about it, stop trying to manipulate it and just write quality content without considering how many times you should repeat a phrase or keyword. Google is always evolving, and as the methods for detecting and understanding what the content is about evolves, you will always be one step ahead.

If you use any "method" for trying too hard to game the system, you increase your chances of being hit by an update. If you just carry on providing your readers with good content without trying to play the game, you will always be in-line with any changes Google makes in the future and you don't need to panic every time a change is made.

Just write original and interesting content that is on topic, let the Search Engines do the rest.

Conran, May 25, 2014 IP
  11. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Let's say you have 3 paragraphs of 100 words each, you can insert 1 keyword per 100 words for article writing. It would be okay.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There is no science to it. Just write for your readers. Keyword density is so easily manipulated that it stopped being a big factor a long time ago.

dcristo, Jun 4, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  13. krisharticles

krisharticles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, its depend upon your article, if you have article about 300 words you just choose 3-4 keywords density per article paragraph, a well defined article should have 2-4% keyword density,

krisharticles, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  14. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:

I agree with you..

m.sivarajan, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  15. memithun

memithun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    do not go for the percentage, i suggest to use keywords 3 times for 300-500 words articles.

memithun, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  16. Hercheez.com

Hercheez.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aprox 2.5% is too Great for SEO.

Hercheez.com, Jun 16, 2014 IP