1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help in Directory submission?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ActionEstore, May 22, 2014.

Hello Friends,

I had a confusion & not even satisfied by the answer given by many SEO expert... Question is, In directory submission which URL is very effective Home URL or deep URL in keywords promotion.

Example :-

I have to Promote Keyword " Formal Shoes for men online"
    Root url or url of specific formal shoes...

Please help me out...

ActionEstore, May 22, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, first of all I'll say there is just no need for the directory submission its outdated technique, but if you still not hear me and keep moving forward with the directory submission trust me but soon you will be seeing messages in your Google webmaster tool. Yes you can move forward with the DMOZ and Yahoo directory other than that there is no requirement of the directory submission.

John Dave, May 22, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, directory submission is NOT outdated technique, it's just the most of the directories you submit to are outdated.

As for OP question, you need to submit only to quality directories like yahoo and business.com and they only accept your submission for the root URL and do not accept deep links.

praetserge, May 23, 2014 IP
  4. rahulsetia007

rahulsetia007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to build the links on brand name, it will increase your domain authoirty , so that indirectly increase in rankings, as in latest post from webmaster blog.

I will suggest to create brand authority links.

rahulsetia007, May 23, 2014 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I can't agree with you! Directories are a good source of quality backlinks and also you can use different anchor texts which is perfect to make a very good keyword density! I would start with some good RELATED directories and if possible use DIFFERENT info! ;)

patco, May 24, 2014 IP
  6. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree DS is not outdated but not so much effective now and can tagged it as outdated except yahoo.com moz or may be some authority directory because reason is no one going to visit in directory ..so only for backlinking purpose DS is not good now ...rather anyone can use Search engine submission , article directory submission it's best way in my opinion what do you think friend ..

Pawan Singh, May 25, 2014 IP
  7. Pawan Singh

Pawan Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    DS is not outdated but not so much effective now except yahoo, moz or may be some authority directory because the main goal is traffic and no one going to visit in directory...Only for backlinking purpose DS is not good as of now according to new Google update too...rather anyone can use Search engine submission , article directory submission, article marketing etc and it'll bring lots of traffic .it's best way in my opinion what do you think friend ???? here is one freelancer provide article writing + submission service.

As far as keyword is concern just ask for stuffing keyword 2 to 3 times in your article ..or it's enough to tell them about keyword and they will manage most article submission are seo expert , so they easily handle it.

Contextual link building is best right now and evergreen, never going to punish you..

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Pawan Singh, May 25, 2014 IP