1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I have to foreign qualify my business in the state?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by MIsac, May 11, 2014.

Hello guys,

I have a complicated situation here, hope anyone could help me with an answer. I'm filing an LLC in FL and will open a Citibank business account in IL under the name of my business. Does this make me foreign qualify my business in IL? Because, I read that I have to qualify my business in the state where I maintain a bank account. But, I don't know if this applies on local banks only or international and nationwide banks like Citibank too. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

MIsac, May 11, 2014 IP
  2. Tier_net

Tier_net Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's always best to consult with an attorney for legal advice.. With that said, in most cases you would only have to file as a foreign entity if you actually have an office or employee(s) in that state. If most of your business is done online, it should not matter.

Tier_net, May 21, 2014 IP
  3. MIsac

MIsac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, at this time all of my business is running online. I guess you are right.
    Thank you so much.

MIsac, May 21, 2014 IP