1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Too Many Spammy Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jopsons, May 20, 2014.

Hello,

I dont know who are building spammy links, maybe our competitors. Daily they are building thousands of links to my website. I am unable to control those spammy links directly, Daily I am getting links and on daily basis I am adding those links in my Disavow section at GWT. But still need a some serious solution to control it. Please give me some expert suggestions.

Thank you,
    Jopson

jopsons, May 20, 2014 IP
  2. Krunal Patel

Krunal Patel Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google needs update here. If we can find spammy links pointing to our site, then we can say Google boss this is spammy link and we have not built it. In robots.txt we can say Google please dont indexed this page then some syntax should be built where we can say Google please dont indexed this I have not built backlink to this and please dont count this is our backlink.

Krunal Patel, May 20, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hate names like this but Panda 4.0 is underway now as well update wise.

As a general rule you don't have to worry about people doing stupid things either. Using the disavow tool is like using a sledgehammer to hang a picture.

N.

Nigel Lew, May 20, 2014 IP
  4. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And suddenly we'd see influx of innocent SEO's who have fallen victims to their "competitors building back linkprofile for them". This wouldn't work the slightest, just make the issue worse.

SliceOfLife, May 20, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to keep checking the new links pointing to your site and if they are spammy links just add in disavow tool. And also intimate Google about this activity by your competitor end, which will help you even if the links are trapped by Google

Jigney, May 23, 2014 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to say that it's a good idea to inspect a link before using the disavow tool as you can get another ranking from the domain which won't be counted! ;)

patco, May 24, 2014 IP