1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Restricting access to files per user

Discussion in 'Security' started by Drumrocker365, May 20, 2014.

Hello,

here's what I'm trying to achieve but I'm not sure now to achieve it. I want to make a website that allows people to purchase music charts (PDF files) that can be downloaded and accessed after purchase. However, my fear is that someone may buy the chart and give the download like to others so they can download it without buying, etc. How would I protect the files so users must be signed in AND must have purchased the file to be able to download it? I am using BoxBilling for my billing client.

Thanks,
    Christian

Solved! View solution.
    Drumrocker365, May 20, 2014 IP
    Hello,
    You must think that the same users could simply send the files to others once they have it regardless. With that in mind, maybe you could set the script to allow access to the download for a temporary amount of time. Or you can set it so it only allows a certain number of accesses. They would have to contact you if it exceeds a certain number of accesses. Obviously, this would require some PHP coding or some other scripting..

Tier_net, May 20, 2014 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you're allowing people to download pdfs, you do realise they can just give the pdf to others, right?

PoPSiCLe, Jun 15, 2014 IP