1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookmarking and Forum Posting are useless now ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Zain Malik, May 19, 2014.

Hi SEO Expers ,

I'm little bit confuse to hear that Bookmarking and Forum Posting are useless now ? Kindly suggest me regarding this issue because i have a team for this work thats why really would like to know .

Thanks
    Zain

Zain Malik, May 19, 2014 IP
  2. tuppence

tuppence Member

Best Answers:
    It depends upon what you classify as useless. If you are looking for easy back links then they no longer work, however posting interesting and relevant posts in forums with a relevant link you will get some visits. Similarly bookmarking a great article will get visitors too.

tuppence, May 19, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are NOT totally useless. You can get a few visitors and also a few no-follow backlinks. Of course they are not so powerful as they were a few years ago! ;)

patco, May 19, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. PraveenaM

PraveenaM Banned

Best Answers:
    if you posted to differed niche and high page rank sites it's important one. if you get do follow links it's relay use for your key word ranking.

PraveenaM, May 19, 2014 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, tuppence. The links are probably of near-zero value as links. But they can bring traffic. Case in point, I had 104 unique visitors last month from two bookmarking sites I use, and 22 unique visitors from two forums I post on. Those are admittedly less than 1% of my traffic. But it's still 126 visitors I probably would not have otherwise had. So you just have to determine for yourself if it's worth the effort.

Jim4767, May 19, 2014 IP
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your expectations. If you are expecting to generate traffic from Forums/Bookmarking Sites then both are still useful and a great source of traffic (depending on your efforts of course). But I suggest you give it a try and experiment, to see it for yourself.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 19, 2014 IP
  7. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are using high quality content when doing forums posting! I sure it will help you !

Same with bookmaking use high page rank and good site

pawanseolinks, May 19, 2014 IP
  8. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using Bookmarking & forum as to get free backlink then it could be a useless thing, but if you are taking it as a method for generating traffic then it will a worth place

ActionEstore, May 20, 2014 IP
  9. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    bookmarking and forums are almost useless in generating PR (except narrow-niche specialized forums), but they do still bring you traffic, so don't neglect them

Karuna17, May 20, 2014 IP
  10. dataguru

dataguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is for sharing info in terms of text or weblinks, some of forums website can give dofollow back links but it won't worth it and in terms of bookmarking always try to figure it out in Good PR with relevant category, that's help u out !!!

dataguru, May 20, 2014 IP
  11. selva787

selva787 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum, Search User friendly for Google. Google easily appear on search result you are forum answers or thread.

selva787, May 20, 2014 IP
  12. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is essentially in the same boat as social media. You're not going to get any thing in terms of your PageRank (backlinks), but you are going to create "buzz" and bring traffic to your website. All this, of course, only happens if you post relevant, interesting content.
    Also, having a representative on a forum is important in case somebody in the sphere has some questions regarding your company. So, if you're a freelance agency and someone needs help with freelancing, you know you can provide that person with relevant information and maybe bring yourself one new client. :)

YJunK, May 20, 2014 IP