1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Checking of Indexing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by josechukkiri, May 15, 2014.

How I can check, whether my article in a writing site is indexed by Google or not?

josechukkiri, May 15, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    DiggitySEO, May 16, 2014 IP
  3. Crystal D'souza

Crystal D'souza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also do one more thing, just copy your article title and put it in google search with "" and search it, if your article is indexed it will show on the top of the search..
    and if it is not indexed you have to just put your article URL in the webmaster tool that's it!

Crystal D'souza, May 17, 2014 IP
  4. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you sign up the Google Webmaster Tool? If yes, just go through its dashboard and click onto "Index Status" to see what is your article's status currently. .
    Google index
    • Index Status
    • Content Keywords
    • Remove URLs
    Crawl

Michael Leng, May 17, 2014 IP
  5. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like good advice to me. I use the site url approach as described above as it works best for me.

lightlysalted, May 23, 2014 IP
  6. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make Google Webmaster Tool as your dashboard, the best tools available.

WirelessGuy, May 23, 2014 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And just a reminder, if you want lightning-fast indexing. Go to Google Webmaster Tools > Crawl > Fetch As Google > Enter the file name of the new page in the Fetch box > click Fetch > then in a few seconds when a new Submit to Index button appears, click Submit.

That's it. I added a new page today this way. When I checked 10 seconds after uploading the page and "Fetching" it, there it was already in the search results. This lightning-fast indexing happens consistently if you use Fetch As Google each time you add a page.

P.S. Another good way to get immediate Google recognition for a new page is to make a post, with some relevant text and a link to your new page, in your Google+ profile. Not surprisingly, a search for the new page's main terms usually brings up my new Google+ post on the first page of the SERPs within a few minutes at most.

Jim4767, May 24, 2014 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Two more thoughts on the above discussion:

1) When I upload a new page, I immediately "Fetch As Google" that new page. That way, it's a virtual certainty that Google will have the new page cached and on record as being my page, in case of any later duplicate content issues caused by someone else copying the page.

2) If you have a Google Custom Search box on one of your pages, when you upload a new page, "Fetch" it first. Then go into your Custom Search account and add the new page. Google is quite good at caching pages that are using their products. If you're unfamiliar with "Google Custom Search," you can see an example near the top of my www.jimfeeney.org home page. To add your own, Google adding a Google custom search box for details. It's easy, and it can help people stay on your website if the page they land on isn't the one they want.

Jim4767, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  9. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, you can thank people here who left their useful advice and solved you problem

evgenktulu, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  10. zunnunahmed

zunnunahmed Member

Best Answers:
    Write this command in google search Box
    site:your site link

zunnunahmed, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  11. NigelT

NigelT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I allow the pages to be indexed naturally - and the fastest way to achieve this is through social media links such as Facebook likes and Tweets - around 5 links will do the trick.
    The main advantage of this is that Google will pick up on any changes you make to the page after it has been indexed and will keep a fresh coy of the page in their cache.

NigelT, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  12. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the best way to do is copy some part of the articles and search it under quote "abcd is a good ....." over the Google if it's cached by the Google then you will appear in the search result.

John Dave, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  13. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless the title is just a copied content from another blog/website. Then you could find your website in a position like page 5-10+ ;) :)

patco, Jun 14, 2014 IP