1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to List My Business Website In Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Sunil Keshari, Dec 29, 2013.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. All these people who are bad mouthing your business of "volunteer" work. ;):)

gworld, May 10, 2014 IP
  2. mukhos007

mukhos007 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to submit my site to DMOZ but failed. is there any simple way to submit there?

mukhos007, May 12, 2014 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, pay the editors. ;):)

gworld, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No way until it impress the editors.

unna, May 12, 2014 IP
  5. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submitting a site isnt hard and millions of people have done it. Just title the site, do a description and click on the link to submit it.

Just be sure to read the guidelines first, dont use hype and try hard to place it into the category in which it is best suited. Once submitted, DO NOT submit it again.....the site review times can take 1 day to many years so just move on and promote the site elsewhere.

snooks, May 12, 2014 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing impresses the editors like a 50 dollar bill. ;):) Didn´t you see how upset snooks gets when someone bad mouth his "volunteer" business and says the DMOZ listing doesn´t worth anything?:D

gworld, May 13, 2014 IP
  7. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The usual garbage we expect from you Gworld. You have the big mouth, how about presenting some evidence that i have ever done anything even remotely wrong. If you cant, you really should cease the slander because you are only making yourself look a fool, and proving your statements about me are lies :(

We both know you cant show anything :) Not all people are shady and untrustworthy like you.

snooks, May 15, 2014 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If I was shady or untrustworthy, I would have chosen ass kissing of a meta or admin, as the career path as you have done. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    gworld, May 15, 2014 IP
  9. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As i thought :( Insults but no proof or evidence of any sort......... you really are a sad excuse for a human being :(

snooks, May 15, 2014 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No one supports corruption and kiss asses just because it is fun and the right thing to do. ;):)

gworld, May 15, 2014 IP
  11. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No sense arguing with an imbecile like you....time to block your comments again :)

snooks, May 15, 2014 IP
  12. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting your site listed in DMOZ could take years. Every submitted site is manually inspected and either approved or rejected by volunteers. They say the wait time is several months for a submission, but it could literally be years before yours gets evaluated.

Jameyson MacDonald, May 15, 2014 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your time is precious, just think how many meta and admin asses you can kiss in the time that takes to make one post.;):)

gworld, May 16, 2014 IP
    abyse likes this.
  14. qdungeng

qdungeng Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you help me with travel website listing on DMOZ, I did submit before : http://www.vietnamdhtravel.com on 'http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/Asia/Vietnam/Provinces/Hanoi/Hanoi/Travel_and_Tourism/'

Thanks

qdungeng, May 28, 2014 IP
  15. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have submitted repeatedly with a poor site you may well have been declared a spammer. If so there is nothing you can do, sorry. But if you have submitted only a couple of times, it is unlikely. Either way all you can do is to go and promote your site in other places than DMOZ. We do not do site reviews to tell you what has happened to any site and it can take from a few hours to several years for a listing, if you have not been banned. But if you keep submitting, you will certainly be banned.

Anonymously, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  16. mitsoglou marios

mitsoglou marios Active Member

Best Answers:
    if an editor doesnt publish sites for four months dmoz removes him.Quality sites,submitted in right category with good descriptions (3rd person-no advertisement ) are acceptable.

(Gworld : you need to get out and find a girlfriend ;) Dont play with it all the time :D)

mitsoglou marios, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Another "witty" a*s kisser who hopes by posting here, they will increase his privilege so he can list more sites and earn some "REAL" money and get a car or a girlfriend. Don´t waste your time, no one in DMOZ is making that kind of money, at least in the past 7-8 years and even before that, there were only a very few. ;):)

gworld, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its kind of creepy you know what gworld is doing...

Not fully correct. They only need to edit once every three months. That does not mean they need to add in anything new or worthy.

It has been shown several times on third party sites that DMOZ has had paid listings (completed transactions with positive feedback) so Gworld is possibly not to far off the mark, though editors seem to think that such things are just a scam... but then, look at what the editors are saying about many things here. They change the definitions of words, support corruption and rule breaking within the ODP, and are often rude to submitters and people asking questions.

Qryztufre, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  19. mitsoglou marios

mitsoglou marios Active Member

Best Answers:
    All fingers are not same my friend ! But tell us - honestly . . . Has gworld problem with editors or with the site (read previous posts).Why is he shouting ?

:(

mitsoglou marios, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have a problem with dishonest, a*s kissers who have to get involved in any volunteer effort and destroy it, in order to make a buck which most likely is describing you. ;):)

gworld, Jul 31, 2014 IP