1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build backlinks by Social Media & Bookmarking.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Joshie, May 6, 2014.

Reading someone's else thread about how to get indexes and building links gave me the idea that I would like to share one of my method of link developing (building links - backlinks and traffic). If any one of you are struggling to get some backlinks and especially traffic then this will help you in a big way as long as you are doing it right. This is one of most effective method and probably some of you already know this but I'd like to share this with some of people especially who just started learning about SEO and link developing to increase backlinks and generate more traffics/visitors so I feel that I want to share this with you all and hoping that I help you out at least a little bit with this method.

I have been using this method for several months and it is working very great for me as of lately I have started getting huge change especially drastically increasing in traffics and more backlinks being built every day as long as I keep updating contents (articles - writing new articles) on my website.

Social media is probably the most effective method for building links building especially bookmarking. I use a plugin for Mozilla Firefox although they have plugin for almost every internet browser but this plugin share every new blog article I write to every social media and bookmarking (stumbleupon, Pinterest, etc etc).

Here's the plugin:
    They are very excellent plugin and they are the easiest and is how I get several backlinks and main traffic as well. When you download the plugin for one of your internet browser and then go to the options on the plugin and add few of services I recommend:

• FaceBook (Duh - After sharing them to your profile's wall post and join some groups that's relates to your website and share them there, try to join as many as groups that has several likes/members and also share them on some pages as well by either posting to their page's wall or leaving comments on their page).
    • Twitter (Duh).
    • Google+ (Might works for you, but not too good for me).
    • Tumblr (Great traffic/backlinks, this will help you a lot).
    • Reddit (Duh, it's so good that they are very strict on submitting links - So be very careful and choose the right subreddit).
    • StumbleUpOn (You will probably get the most traffics and backlinks from this service).
    • Digg.
    • Delicious.
    • Linkedin (Join some groups here as it'll help you more).
    • Diigo (When you sign up for Diigo, I would suggest you to look for some groups because that's where the backlinks and traffic comes from, so find some of groups that relates to whatever your website is about - If you need some assistance to learn how to use Diigo feel free to PM me and I'll teach you).
    • FriendFeed (Almost same as Twitter and Diigo altogether. So when you sign up, join the groups/lists that relates to your website/blogs and when you post your website, articles or posts on FriendFeed you would need to mention all of groups that you have joined that relates to your website - Very useful like Diigo).
    • Pinterest.
    The more services you add the better, but these ones I listed is the best ones out of all. This is very big helpful for bloggers and as well websites depending on the type of websites they are running (helps forums too, store website as well and few of others). So whenever you add something new to your website, you share them so keep this in mind because the more contents (not repeating by sharing same thing over and over) you share the more you build links and traffic as long as they are fresh and new.

Hope this will help you as much as it has helps me daily and if you need any assistance in learning how to do this especially some of the servies (adding groups, lists, and how to do) please feel free to reply in this thread and I would be very happy to help you or feel free to personally PM me if you rather to.

Discuss about it here as well if you wish to, or have another idea to add this method.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Joshie, May 6, 2014 IP
    moneyroad, Female1, davidja and 2 others like this.
  2. tuppence

tuppence Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I will give this a go.

tuppence, May 6, 2014 IP
    Joshie likes this.
  3. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to help!

When you download the plugins, be sure to go to the options and then from there you can add/remove services. The services that I listed is the best ones but the rest of them is unheard of and isn't quite popular as the ones I listed.

Joshie, May 6, 2014 IP
  4. Yourwebsolution

Yourwebsolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

Yourwebsolution, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, glad to help!

Joshie, May 6, 2014 IP
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add on installed! Thanks Joshie! :)

Patricia Ann Lee, May 6, 2014 IP
  7. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, glad to help too! If you need some help with it let me know Patricia.

Joshie, May 7, 2014 IP
  8. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    how many social bookmarking sites this plugin supports?

jazzyjmnote, May 7, 2014 IP
  9. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AddThis plugin has over hundreds social media and bookmarking websites supported.

It's #1 most popular sharing plugin and is seen on several popular websites.

Joshie, May 7, 2014 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    I will Joshie! Some of the sites though are not working anymore. Anyway, I'll just focus on the biggest ones. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, May 7, 2014 IP
  11. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They definitely do need to update services, but as long as the top services is there that's matter. I forgot to mention another service, StumbleUpOn is a great service and I get several traffic from there.

Joshie, May 8, 2014 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    You know what, I just found out that from 0 traffic I got 40 on last month's statistic and I get that from stumbleupon. Not bad for me and for my site. I proved it myself that stumbleupon still works at its best. I hope the same for reddit.

Patricia Ann Lee, May 8, 2014 IP
  13. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome! I get about almost 400-800ish through StumbleUpOn, probably my 4th most incoming traffic. You will get decent reddit traffic, as I get about same traffic as I do through StumbleUpOn.

My top incoming traffic (averages):

1. Twitter. - 3k-8k daily
    2. FaceBook. 5k-10k daily.
    3. Tumblr. 2k-4k daily.
    4. StumbleUpOn. 400 - 800ish.
    5. Reddit. 400 - 800 ish.
    6. Pinterest. 200 - 400 ish.
    7. Diigo. 200 - 400 ish.
    8. FriendFeed. 100 - 300 ish.
    9. Digg. 180 - 250ish.
    10. Google Blogger. 100-200 ish.

Some days I get more traffics than the averages.

And others I get about 100ish up to 200ish but these top 10 in particular order is my incoming traffic. It depends on if you use them the right way which is adding them to the related category and carefully use tagging (only on few such as Digg, Diigo, and StumbleUpOn) and putting them in related groups as well.
    Glad to help you! If you need any help, let me know.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Joshie, May 10, 2014 IP
  14. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    Wow! I'm so envious! Anyway, I tried submitting on Stumbleupon last week and didn't get any positive results. I think I just got lucky on the page I've bookmarked last month... :/

Patricia Ann Lee, May 11, 2014 IP
  15. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seeking more info on diigo.

Vrindavan, May 12, 2014 IP
  16. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Add the tags instead of leaving them blank because use the tags bring you better result in traffic, using tags will target the users whoever search for something on StumbleUpOn. I notice between using tags and without shows difference and using tags brings the better results.
    What do you exactly want to know about Diigo? Subscribe to some groups that fits your website. For example if your website is related to sports, then find few of sports groups on Diigo and share your website in all of these related groups. Or do what I do if you are a blogger like myself, I subscribe to different groups for each of category that I use for my blogs so that if I am writing a article that relates to technology then I share my article in technology category to all of technology groups on Diigo and if I am writing an article about a business then I share it in business groups so subscribe as many as groups (the ones that has decent amounts of subscribers in groups) that relates the overall of your website. If your website is about everything in general then subscribe to few of groups in each category such as sports, foods, technology, business, outdoors and others. Because if you just post it on Diigo without adding your post to related groups then you will not get any traffic or visitors because there is nobody to see it but yourself which is why subscribing to the groups so that each groups that has subscribers to see what you are posting and every groups subscribers will be receiving e-mails to alert them to read your post. Hope that I make this understandable.
    You are very welcome, if you need some of help please feel free to reply in this thread and I would be more than happy to help or explain more.

Joshie, May 14, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use tags everytime I bookmark a page but descriptions, not really... how about that?

Patricia Ann Lee, May 14, 2014 IP
  18. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe? But for me I never use the description but I am going to start writing description to see if it helps because I wonder if users at StumbleUpOn read the description first before clicking them and if that's the case then I would have to write something convincing in the description to make them interested in clicking my likes.

I do know that tagging is important because users often type something that they were looking for and if they type one of the word in the tag I put in would pop up to them to look, so maybe with convincing description would make them more interested in clicking it instead of the rest of others that doesn't have description.
    You are very welcome, my friend! If you need any help with it, let me know and I would be more than happy to help.

Joshie, May 16, 2014 IP
  19. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does this submit to everyone at the same time, or you still have to go one at a time?

Foxxy, May 16, 2014 IP
  20. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would have to submit each one, not all at once and beside it's bad for SEO if you auto-submit them all at once instead of submitting it to each one.

That's why search engines especially Google like this plugin and it's more safe than the auto-submitting software or a plugin.

Joshie, May 16, 2014 IP