1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Content Management System Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by thhvancouver, May 10, 2014.

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good content management system for this: I am planning a website, and already have the design ready, which has many components in static content, but it also has a blog and a forum. At first, I was thinking of just creating a basic HTML site, and then add wordpress and php-bb for the blog and forum blog portion, but a friend recommended against this plan since a user wouldn't be able to log into an one-in-all account then.

I am quite familiar with html and css, but have limited php knowledge, so I need a content management system that is either easily modifiable or based on html and css, and yet versatile enough to handle a wide range of functions such as forum, blog, etc.

Any suggestion would help a lot.

thhvancouver, May 10, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you install Wordpress and then buddypress, you can have one login for both blog and forums, since Wordpress and buddypress works together. And there is extension/plugin that you can get to integrate some of forums software to use wordpress login such as SMF forums (best free one), or phpbb.

I would recommend wordpress, as wordpress has many plugins that helps you in many way. Wordpress has forums which is buddypress or has integrations for other forums you prefer over buddypress, then install CMS system for wordpress.

Joshie, May 12, 2014 IP
    Akash47 likes this.
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is best for your purposes. Just make sure to install the common set of plugins for SEO, against hacks, social media

Karuna17, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. ozhef

ozhef Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned, Buddypress would be a good solution for you. I have used it in the past and it has lots of great add-ons for building an online community.

ozhef, May 14, 2014 IP
  5. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Drupal is easiest to impliment, Joomla much advanced and providing great websites while Wordpress with PHPbb is most user-friendly if you can implement right programming to integrate two CMS.

jazzyjmnote, May 15, 2014 IP