1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Building An Email List?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Thomas Owen, May 14, 2014.

In my opinion, the most effective and rewarding method of Internet Marketing is email marketing. Building an email list and monetizing that list down the road. There are a number of ways in which you can build a list and in which you can monetize it to.

First off though, are you building an email list? If not, then its time you got started!

Just about every site that is making money online will be using email marketing as one of their income streams. From ecommerce sites offering you to enter your email address so they can send you "The latest money saving offers" to MMO blogs which offer you a free eBook on "How to make $1000 in your first 30 days"

There is good reason that sites use email marketing. Think of it like this, if you were to place an opt in form with a free giveaway on your MMO site like the "Make a $1000 in 30 days" example above. Then you should be driving targeted traffic to your site, people that are interested in making money online.

They see your offer, and think "Damn right! I want to know how to make $1000 in 30 days"
    So, they opt in to receive their free eBook. You now have their email address in your autoresponder (If you don't really know what an autoresponder is or how it works just reply and I will explain)

If your free eBook is of good quality then you have an instant bonus, because you will automatically have built some trust with your subscribers, they will read the ebook and think, "Wow, this is good. This guy knows what hes on about"

Then you can spend the next few days continuing to build trust with your subscribers within the emails in your follow up email sequence in your autoresponder. People only buy from people who they trust!

Then you can start promoting affiliate products or your own to your list of subscribers. They trust you and know you provide good value so will be willing to open your emails and read your content. They will also click the links to your promotions and buy through your link!
    (Important that you only promote products which you trust & recommend and also which will benefit your subscribers!

You will probably know that you can make a lot of money from repeat buyers/customers who know and trust you rather than a one time buyer who visits your site, buys and then disappears never to visit again!

Thats basically why you should build your list.

My favourite method of monetizing an email list is promoting high ticket products. I consider high ticket to be $1000+, everyone has their own opinion and perception. Ask yourself this, is it easier to sell 500 x $10 commissions or 5 x $1000 commissions?

Theres only one winner, 5 x $1000 commissions.

There are a tonne of affiliate offers which are high ticket like this. I know of a HUGE blogger who regularly has $20,000 days from this exact method of building his list and promoting high ticket offers.

Another option could be to promote the smaller commission products. Using Clickbank and JVzoo being the best options for promoting digital MMO products.

An ecommerce site selling physical stock could offer a newsletter to subscribers with regular free giveaway competitions and weekly roundups of the best discounted offers. Its a great way to drive people back to your site and also buy from you.

There are literally a tonne of ways in which to do this, if you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to answer, if you're unsure of anything, again just ask.

Thomas Owen, May 14, 2014 IP
  2. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody do email marketing. Product affiliate, product maker, or just a blogger who write for fun. The problem is not every body chose right niche , good content, and targeted traffic.

Komicwords, May 14, 2014 IP
  3. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    great advices there mate!
    The problem is that many people
    that already know how to build squeeze page and start a list
    just don't know how to grow it fast enough.
    Or even how to get enough trageted traffic that is actually relevant to their niche.
    So yes an email list is a must for any serious online marketer.
    Personally I grow my list daily, 50-250 new subscribers everyday.
    I sell Solo ads so it's a must to keep the list always fresh.

Alex Leizerovich, May 14, 2014 IP
  4. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! I forgot to mention some of the ways which you can grow your list. The fastest way would be your area of expertise - Solo ads. I think the best way of creating a list of responsive buyers would be collecting the emails through launching your own product. The people who buy would be added to your list, you then have a proven list of buyers.

Building email lists is a scorching hot topic right now, have you never considered creating your own product focusing on how you build your list and launching it?

Thomas Owen, May 14, 2014 IP
  5. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, launches can be great if setup right.
    Sure i am thinking about creating my own product in the IM/MMO niche,
    but dont have time for this now as I have another business in addition to Solo ads.
    And I am actually helping my buddy coaching his clients to build solo ads business.
    But yes a digital product can be great.

Alex Leizerovich, May 14, 2014 IP
  6. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is a lot of instruments to build a big and clean email list.
    When you are making that, use everything - registration form, landings, popups and more and more and more.
    Read this article - here is all the information you nead.
    http://blog.kissmetrics.com/67-tools-email-list/

Garry_West, May 14, 2014 IP
  7. G. Lewis

G. Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    There is so much information, software, programs, etc that promise targeted traffic and increasing your conversions greatly.
    I've been trying for two years... I think besides "Solo Ads", the forums and article writing are the mot effective and targeted as far as free
    traffic... It might take a while, but it it's good traffic....
    For fast list building, I completely agree... "Solo Ads" is the way to go.

G. Lewis, May 14, 2014 IP
  8. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Building Email list is much costly compared to SEO and usually decreases in size and quality as readers become obsessed with your products and marketing.

jazzyjmnote, May 15, 2014 IP
  9. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Solo Ads is definitely the fastest way to add subscribers and grow your list size swiftly. It can be costly but you can alleviate the cost by sending some of the traffic to sales pages (products you are promoting) or PPL programs (Pay per lead - you get paid on average $0.75 for every double opt-in).

While some people might argue that sending your subscribers an email daily would turn them off, you can see it from the angle that will in turn help you to clean your list, leaving behind only people who will take actions.

There are many people out there who are buying solo ads and sending traffic directly to a sales page without capturing their email. This means that once that visitor leaves the sales page, you'll never be able to contact him/her again. The simple step is to create a lead capture page, send the traffic to that page, and only redirect the traffic to the sales page after submitting their email to you. Remember that every dime should go into creating an asset.

Ethan Alvin, May 15, 2014 IP
  10. davidja

davidja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You for the information , anything else needed to collect the email addresses :)

davidja, May 16, 2014 IP
  11. Thomas Owen

Best Answers:
    Running solo ads is costly, average price for a good solo ad is around $1 per click. Of course there are cheaper, and also more expensive. You can pick up clicks for $0.35c.

You can make your investment back plus more if you have a good converting squeeze page, and also converting offer behind the squeeze page. The real money is in the relationship you build with your list in the weeks, months and years after!

SEO is great, however it takes so much longer to pay off.

Thomas Owen, May 17, 2014 IP
  12. davidja

Best Answers:
    Yes solo ads are expensive, you have to build up your list and therefore your clicks to make money. You have to make the build up of subscribers by free methods only. How is a Very Good Question?

Garry , Thanks for your article - "67 Tools That Will Help You Grow Your Email List" read it and an eye opener :)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    davidja, May 17, 2014 IP
  13. Thomas Owen

Best Answers:
    The problem with building your list with free methods is it can take a LOT longer. Solo ads are pretty much instant, or within a few days., so you get subscribers and sales. In my opinion Solo ads are the fastest and most effective way of building an email list outside of launching your own product. Free methods are good to use alongside solo ads. Thing is when you have a list which is responsive you can use click swaps instead of buying solo ads. So just swap say 100 clicks with another person with a similar sized list... Simple!

14. davidja

Best Answers:
    Yes, Thomas it is alot longer but my problem is that i have tried and failed , trying to get the clicks thru ad swaps, every day. I was not able to get enough clicks thru my ad swaps and thru senting emails to my list every day, - to get the necessary 50 clicks ad swap , i got so far behind it over took where i owed hundreds of clicks, that i stopped the ad swapping , senting to emails to my list etc. I need a constant flow of clicks and subscribers thru free methods (or lower cost methods) to restart ad swaps and selling solo ads I appreciate your advice :) ps for me solo ads are too expensive

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    davidja, May 17, 2014 IP
  15. Thomas Owen

Best Answers:
    Totally understand that, I know how it feels. I know you are probably focusing on other less costly methods, but what I found really works when running solo ads (and can be used in any list building method) is split testing. I set up 3 different squeeze pages, different backgrounds, headlines, body text, images etc. Put them on a rotator and purchase a 300 click solo ad, drive it and see which squeeze page converts best. If it has a good conversion rate then I I throw more solo ads at that squeeze page. It works a treat and has landed me with 55% opt in rates in my last 2 solo ads, of course it means purchasing a test solo ad before the main one.

This also works with OTO's. I can see which OTO's convert best behind the squeeze page and can change them appropriately if need be. This tactic has resulted in me making the majority of my investment back on most solo ads I have run, the last few months. I have made profit on 2 solo ads also!

16. davidja

Best Answers:
    Thanks Thomas , it is something that i will have to do, run a split test, it will be a 1st for me Thanks for the idea :)

davidja, May 17, 2014 IP
  17. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing about building a list is that you don't need much aside from a squeeze page (a page to capture them), an ethical bribe (any giveaway you can think of) and an autoresponder to broadcast your messages and sequential follow up (nothing more really).

John Pagulayan, May 17, 2014 IP
  18. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    My email list is pretty much a wasted resource. I couldn't tell you when I last sent something out - it's been ages. Not even sure why I bother having the subscribe form on the site. I know I'm losing traffic by no sending out regularly, but I just never get around to it.

Foxxy, May 17, 2014 IP
  19. John Pagulayan

John Pagulayan Member

Best Answers:
    It's never too late. There are a lot of ways to activate a dead list.

I know some tactics to get around this problem (I have a lot when it comes to email marketing) and one thing I did on my photography list was sent this email:

Subject: Sorry, I didn't know...

Body:

You may be thinking why you haven't heard a lot frok me for quite some time now.

Well, I'm the kind of person who only sends email if I have something that I think will help you a lot in doing photography.

Well, guess what? This email is one of those. And today I'll be announcing something cool with you guys.

Now I'd like you to stay hush hush on this since not a lot of people know this.

So here's the deal, tomorrow 9am EST, wait for my email because I'm totally gonna blow you away with thjs simple cool photography trick that I will only share for people who are on my list (that is YOU!).

Something like that did the trick for me so there's no reason why it won't work for you. =)

John Pagulayan, May 17, 2014 IP
    davidja and Foxxy like this.
  20. davidja

Best Answers:
    Hi Foxx , a suggestion on the other side of the coin , you can sell your list to someone.

Cheers

davidja, May 18, 2014 IP