1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the difference between visits and session in Google Analytics ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Mohit Chawla, May 12, 2014.

I am noticing from sometimes that in Google Analytics tools are showing sessions instead of visits and I am very confuse with this.

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between visits and session ?

what is the exact meaning of session ?

Mohit Chawla, May 12, 2014 IP
  2. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Visits in google analytics are the total number of visitors to a website. Sessions are the total time that a visitor stays on your webpage. Generally sessions are as random ends up each 30 mins if the webpage is not closed. A session ends if no activity is taken by the visitor in 30 mins. You can change of course this time delay, make it lower or greater. If you are about to get analysis from a video you have uploaded that is 2 hours so you can make this session 2 hours 15mins as auto ending session if no activity is taken. A session ends when the visitors exits the current page or website.

gknugurlu, May 12, 2014 IP
  3. Mohit Chawla

Mohit Chawla Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply,

How can I change this time delay ?
    where i can find the exact visits on my website ?

Mohit Chawla, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Here you can find a free online course on google analytics platform principles by google: https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/course02
    If you ask me it's better that you take it and learn, there are a lot of useful things that will help you a lot.

In order to change the session settings, you have to go to admin tab, choose the user you want, under the property section there is .js tracking info where session settings can be found.

gknugurlu, May 12, 2014 IP
  5. Mohit Chawla

Mohit Chawla Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks bro.

Mohit Chawla, May 14, 2014 IP