1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What made you change your life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WatanabeMan, May 8, 2014.

I'm always interested in hearing about how people changed their lives, and what inspired them to do it.

I spent the better part of my young adult years chasing pipe dreams that I was only interested in for the wrong reasons. Eventually, I lost all my money and ended up homeless. I attribute this to not taking things seriously and having a lack of focus; I'm still trying to become a more responsible person and behave like an adult.

These days, I work hard. I write quite a lot, study, look after myself and try to create the foundations for a happier life. If it wasn't for being shown the grim reality of life's darker times, I'd probably still be partying and living a lie.

What about you? Have you ever changed your life?

WatanabeMan, May 8, 2014 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What changed my life was getting an education. This produced a regimen and a discipline which has served me well in life. I also had a burning desire to alter my status quo.
    I was born and raised in Europe, desired change and decided to throw my dice onto the North American game board. It has all worked out according to plan.
    Someday when I receive all that I want, I'll return to where I was born.

Spoiltdiva, May 8, 2014 IP
  3. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Being a Forum Owner Changed My Life!!
    When i was studying in College i decided to Develop a small website and that time i even dont know what is "Domain" so i started searching in google "How To Make Website" and i found that "Domain & Hosting" is required so i bought a domain and hosting and design a simple HTML website and put it live.

my class mates was laughing at me at that time and tease me by saying hey Look at this developer, Hey He is going to build a very big website..

and many other words and laughs but i remain calm and keep working and now i am running a successful forum with nice amount of traffic and a Web Development Business in the city and have own office..

now the friends used to tease me come to me for their university web projects and other web related works :)

xXxpert, May 8, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. abiabiah

abiabiah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started changing my life when I was 22 years old. During my first job, I felt myself converted to Islam. Today I am happy with what I am, I follow principals of Allah set to live my life and that are good for me.

abiabiah, May 8, 2014 IP
    xXxpert likes this.
  5. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    MA SHA ALLAH, good to hear brother :) May ALLAH bless you with his blessings :)

xXxpert, May 9, 2014 IP
  6. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Friends changed my life. I had them for most of my life standing besides my side, always helping, talking having fun. But when that same friends became enemies - that turned me uspide down completely. It was a big struggle but now I can only thank them for being ass*oles because untill that moment I was living inside my comfort bubble and didn't wan't to come out of it. Now my bubble expanded or you can say I am trying to expand it more and more. :)

GFX2, May 9, 2014 IP
  7. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't change my life. It is still awesome :)

khemraj, May 9, 2014 IP
  8. WatanabeMan

WatanabeMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for you. Comfort really can be a bit of a curse at times; glad to hear you didn't let it hold you back!

WatanabeMan, May 9, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know it's not an easy task to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Often, once you're homeless it's all downhill from there. How were you able to find a place to stay, buy food, etc. Who helped you?

How much is "all I want" for you? Also, do you think you will be happier in Europe? Europe doesn't strike me as a happy place to live anymore. There are a few countries (the Scandinavian ones, the Netherlands, France, the UK, Switzerland and Germany) that are still doing ok, the rest seems to be falling apart (economically).

qwikad.com, May 10, 2014 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Mon coeur se trouve en France. The sad truth is that in life there is never enough. Life should be about the pursuit of happiness and it is an elusive goal.
    Human nature being what it is attempting to find true happiness in this world is like grasping at vapor. You can only hold it for a brief while. So I dream like a fool for a better life, and happier less stressful times in the land of my childhood.

Spoiltdiva, May 10, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have always been a risk taker in business. However, with the birth of my first child, I began to take on business risks a bit more selectively (avoiding the larger risks.) Has it worked out for the best? Well, I may have missed some big hits (big rewards can come from big risks), but the family has had relative stability and a pretty comfortable life. I think that it has been the best outcome for them and, therefore, me.

jrbiz, May 11, 2014 IP
    GFX2 likes this.