1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a Solid, Reliable Merchant Account for Novelty Diploma Site ASAP!

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by C T, May 9, 2014.

Hey guys! Great forum...

Alright, so here's my situation... I have been in the "novelty diploma" business for years and just recently revamped my site and products a bit and decided to start accepting online payments. I have always been kind of skitish about the idea of accepting PayPal because I have heard how stringent they can be with the types of products being sold AND I have also been skitish about "High-Risk Merchant Accounts" after considering it years ago and reading quite a few horror stories about merchant account providers going bust while still owing businesses thousands. My products are much more "novelty" than "counterfeit" though and I couldn't be any more up front with customers about exactly what they are ordering and going to receive, so I thought I would give PayPal a try.

I have been taking online payments via my Wordpress / WooCommerce site now for around 2 months and everything has been going great. No complaints, disputes or anything else like that. Sure enough though, I JUST got an email from them saying they have reviewed my website and the products that I am selling and have "permanently limited" my account because I (my products) have violated their "Acceptable Use Policy".

SO... I would REALLY like to find a solid, reputable merchant account provider that can work with the very unique niche I am apparently in and hopefully get a merchant account set-up FAST, because as of this moment, I might as well just be out of business.
    • U.S. Based Processors, rather "high-risk" or not, would be a plus
    • Processors that have a plug-in for WooCommerce (or if there is a third-party plug-in available) or are compatible with "Mijireh Checkout" will most likely be required.
    • Processors that have been around for a while and have favorable reviews are a definite plus.
    • ... and of course, the better the terms, fees, reserves and payout flexibility the better. =P
    RELIABILITY / NOT HAVING SOMEONE DISAPPEAR WITH MY MONEY are of paramount importance.

I have also been casually checking out different merchant account options over the past couple weeks somewhat anticipating that PayPal one day might not approve of the products I am selling. It seems that a lot of processors want to throw me in the same category as Chinese websites hocking knock-off Rolex watches, so I would like to also make it a point that as opposed to those sites, I DON'T break the law, violate any copyrights, etc., etc....

I also have low overhead and a 100% Satisfaction, "You ask for a refund and we'll give it to you", No-Hassle Return Policy and tons of repeat customers, so chargebacks should NOT be an issue on my end what-so-ever.

I am not sure if I can post links on here, but if you want to take a look at my site to get a better idea of the types of products I am selling, just Google "cheaper than tuition" and you shouldn't have any problems finding me.

Any suggestions, input or advice are GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to spam me if you really think you can help. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance!

C T, May 9, 2014 IP
  2. thesource247

thesource247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey C T,

May I ask what type of monthly volume you are doing?

thesource247, May 9, 2014 IP
  3. C T

C T Peon

Best Answers:
    Private Message me for more info on volume (can you private message on this thing? I'm not seeing a link). I will say that the average sale is around $125.00 though.

C T, May 9, 2014 IP
  4. Stephine Delton

Stephine Delton Member

Best Answers:
    You Should Mention Figures we are dealing with

Stephine Delton, May 10, 2014 IP
    khirad likes this.
  5. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best would be to google for merchant account providers and then google each of them to check out what reviews they have. Once you have found some, go to the Visa International website and check if they are listed on the PCI compliant list there, if so, they may be good to go.

fionix, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  6. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That PCI list doesn't mean anything. Providers have to pay several thousand dollars to be on the list but most have to be compliant whether or not they pay to get put on the list.

jestep, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  7. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    i think 2checkout will be good for you. its instant and hassle free.

demonicsheikh, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  8. gfleetwood

gfleetwood Peon

Best Answers:
    My name is Garrett and I am a partner in a credit card processing company. We are an international merchant service provider. We have 150 banks throughout the world that we deal with directly to insure we can get your account approved and processing. We are familiar with the pitfalls you come across and want to make ourselves known to you if you have any needs. Below is a list of what we can do for you. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding our business.

gfleetwood4atyahoodotcom

24/7/365 SupportNo ReservesQuick approvals
    Comprehensive Reporting High Chargebacks OK

Next Day Funding
    Global Banking Relationships Load Balancing Amex one point
    Flexible Credit Underwriting International Accounts TMF / Match OK
    High Risk Credit Processing/ ACH Higher Volume Limits Business Lending

gfleetwood, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  9. Nico617

Nico617 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck. This is probably one of the hardest things to place I have ever come across for whatever reason. Unfortunately, some things just don't make sense when it comes to processing

Nico617, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  10. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Skrill, paypal, neteller. Skrill is my preferred and the best service(including prepaid masters credit cards for an annual fee of 10euro)

Hungryforsuccess, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  11. C T

C T Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey everyone... I just wanted to thank everyone for the input and give this a BUMP to see if anyone else had any advice or input. I really haven't had TOO MUCH time recently to continue pursuing finding a merchant account, but I am still looking for options and would like to get something set-up ASAP.

Once again, any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

C T, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  12. parth_patel233

parth_patel233 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Everyone!
    As ya'll are asking for merchant services that offer payment processing for selling such "high risk" products. I will recommend working with some offshore companies that can help you accept payment for your products. My is offshore company help merchant just like ya'll to process payment. Currently, we have being working with different website and clients that sell website design and digital products. Our company have PayPal, Freshbooks and Credit Card Merchant API as payment option for your website, which accept all kind of payment including VISA,MC,AX,DS and ACH Debit. Let me know, if you are still interested in selling your products. Please contact me on skype: patrh_patel233.

parth_patel233, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  13. advin jones

advin jones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommended you ecom-offshorepayments they have banking relationships with over 30 banks around the world, they are providing
    echeck account, Pharmacy account, high risk merchant account. They accept all debit and credit card, their customer support is always ready to help us, u can try them. for information visit them..
    http://ecom-offshorepayments.com

advin jones, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    didnt really see this mentioned yet, but look into accepting bitcoins. Impossible to be forced to refund.

matt_62, Oct 30, 2014 IP