1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Plimus? Read This.. BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by lifetalk, Nov 29, 2008.

Ok... I never imagined I would be writing all of this.. but yeah.. it's true.

For anyone who is currently using Plimus, or plans to use them, here's something you need to know.

'Their support system is pure shit!'

All in all, I can only say this..

If you use Plimus.. it'll result in lots of angry customers, lost sales, slow response, and probably lost money (lots of it). I don't even know if they'll refund me my money, but I know for a fact that if they don't.. they're screwed.. and BIG time.

Fortunately, I have good relations with my vendor, and as such we've managed to arrange a different form of payment.

TBH, I expected Plimus to be a highly professional entity. Apparently, they don't give a $hit about their customers!

So, all in all.. this is just a warning to everyone who either uses or is planning to use Plimus.

And no, this did not happen with just me.. here's a thread URL for you to read more:
    http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?biz.5.587661.26

EDIT: This is what I sent them .. asking for a refund:

http://www.ipichost.info/image-EC0A_493132C3.jpg (can't embed more than 5 images)

lifetalk, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  2. l0ng2111

l0ng2111 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wtf, he is not sure about thing on his site...

that staff should be fired..

l0ng2111, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  3. CineTube

CineTube Peon

Best Answers:
    The support system of Plimus is slow as well as of Paypal and other payment processors etc. :( Even it takes a lot of time if you submit a dispute with paypal.

But if you want to make safe transaction than Plimus is the right choice. Making transaction of $700 is not a small one and Plimus is doing all the verification so that both the buyer and the seller are safe. Isn't is saving you from a charge back issue?

Personally I am not satisfied with the reply you received from their support staff which is unprofessional. Just wait for the next reply.

CineTube, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  4. lifetalk

lifetalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got my refund. I called them up, bitched about a bit, and made it clear to them that they were being very unprofessional in their responses. I've kept the name of the guy who replied to me hidden all along. I am really not sure whether it is his fault for the sort of response (chances are he does not know anything because Plimus themselves keep their stuff confidential).

And I DO understand that they need to go through various verification checks. But, to be honest with you, verification (even a comprehensive one) should not take any more than 48 hours.

All in all, if you don't get a response via email, a call is the way to go. That worked for me. :)

lifetalk, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  5. logikcoder

logikcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

*Bookmarked*

logikcoder, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I faced the similar problem with plimus. I had to get my money back through the CC company.

Sunny, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that new vendors would have all their orders manually checked and that would take them. After trust has been maintained, all orders would be automatically processed unless the vendor decides to review each order manually.

eddy2099, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  8. RandomWoman

RandomWoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had one issue with Plimus that was similar.

I placed my order, went through the verification process, and ended up going through my CC company to get my money back. I don't mind a company looking out for their merchants BUT they should be more professional and at least try to keep customers informed. The "whatever" attitude that some of their customer service has is causing legit businesses to lose out on income from honest buyers.

It makes me wonder how many businesses have lost out on money because Plimus couldn't get payment verified and processed in a timely manner.

RandomWoman, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  9. hhyosong22

hhyosong22 Peon

Best Answers:
    And you thought that stealing those $500 from me will remain unpunished? Hehe, it will get back to you one way or another, thief.

hhyosong22, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  10. its_different

its_different Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree for what you have written above about their poor response towards customers. but as u have written
    'On top of that, they will not accept any 'free domain' email (gmail, yahoo, etc) so you absolutely MUST be a website owner if you want to purchase anything through Plimus.'

I wanted to inform you that they do accept free domain.In order to do that,the person accepting the payment has to change some settings in his account.then he will be able to receive the payment through free domains. i also had same free domain payment problem but got it solved.

its_different, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  11. lifetalk

lifetalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently, I forgot to update the thread, or you did not notice.. But I got each and every cent of that money back... thanks to my excellent relations with the customer support there, now!

What goes round, comes round. True... stands for you :)
    Paying someone to hack all my websites, just for me to get them all back up 4 hours later... was.. well.. a very futile attempt, IMO

Right... I never noticed that option until a few days back. But by default it is not checked.. thus causing confusion for lots of vendors (including me)

lifetalk, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  12. 2beers

2beers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi. I'm having similar problems with plimus. I mean I pay with them many times using the paypal option and my order is approved in less than 30 seconds but yesterday I made an order of 10$( can you imagine) and it's still in pending status after 24 hours. Now I emailed them twice but still no answer. I tried to call them no answer.
    From what I see I'm not the only one.

2beers, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  13. virtualkin

virtualkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus may be a very good online payment processing option but customer support is something which is not catered for very professionally there. Once , it took about 3 -4 months of time to resolve a very small issue.. .

virtualkin, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  14. WillmingtonW

WillmingtonW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I'm in the process of doing my research now on affiliate programs for my up coming site. I am strongly considering Plimus due to their digital specialization but have now heard of many customer issues....no wonder they have had to change to BlueSnap.

WillmingtonW, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  15. dochsale

dochsale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never had problem with plimus nor dibuu , bluesnap.

dochsale, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  16. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As an affiliate I made some money in Plimus/Bluesnap and got paid. Now I coudn't make anything there though I send traffic. Same with Avangate

dess71, May 9, 2014 IP
  17. flasoma

flasoma Peon

Best Answers:
    I resale on dibuu now is the best for free and huge traffic !

flasoma, May 9, 2014 IP
  18. Stephine Delton

Stephine Delton Member

Best Answers:
    I was using Plimus 3 years ago they changed their policy towards Paypal because of their issues with company and I stopped using them

Stephine Delton, May 10, 2014 IP
    ZaynJMalik likes this.
  19. ZaynJMalik

ZaynJMalik Member

Best Answers:
    Plimus has changed a lot and its not a best place to find affiliates selling your product

ZaynJMalik, May 17, 2014 IP