1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I benefit from posting content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mem700X, May 6, 2014.

1. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    You can put not only content, content should be unique and interesting.

Pooja Gupta, May 10, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Typical marketer mistake: people hate spam. Better send nothing than send e-mails looking like spam. Think as if you were your precious subscriber. Imagine what kind of letter you were happy to receive from this guy. If you can't imagine anything, better don't send them anything, save your subscriber list till the time you'll find out what to write

Karuna17, May 12, 2014 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    So true. The alternative is to do a weekly/bi-weekly newsletter, so they know it's coming regularly and expect it on a given day. People are a lot more receptive to a single, regular email than random acts of updating!

TIEro, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So don't just email them about a product right? Email them about what exactly?

Mem700X, May 12, 2014 IP
  5. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, there's the rub, as they say. That simple question can lead to hundreds of hours of research.

What do they want to know about? Who are they? What are they interested in? Why would they read your email instead of just deleting it?

These are all sub-questions of the big "Who is my audience?" that is so important. If you don't know who they are, you don't know what they want and you're shooting in the dark.

Examples of possibilities: (a) they're BMXers who want to look cool, so they will be interested in the latest BMX news tied in to "looking cool while you're doing it"; (b) they're middle-class teenaged "rebels", so they will be interested in "street style" which DOESN'T look like what everyone else is wearing, because it makes them individual (you could do a piece on that bloke who paints trainers for a living, for example) - BUT when it comes down to it, they have mummy and daddy's money to spend (so cost is less of an issue) and their high-school friends to impress (and they can't break too many rules); (c) they're actual social outcast skaters with less money to spend, looking for a good alternative to the "mainstream" Nike and Reebok crap, because they really don't want to be like everyone else.

If you don't know who's out there, you're likely to be talking to an empty room.

Oh, and there's likely to be a difference between who you intended your audience to be and who they actually are, so don't assume anything! Google Analytics' demographics can be helpful, here.

TIEro, May 13, 2014 IP
  6. seo backlink

seo backlink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, If you are buy youtube viewers than you can increase your traffic of websites. your wilol popular than your websites is also popular.

seo backlink, May 14, 2014 IP
  7. reetika

reetika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google loves fresh content. Search engines love clean material which is not keyword and key phrase packed, if you are frequent at publishing material, Search engines Crawls your website/ blog regularly, in turn it improves visitors and hence SERP's result.

reetika, May 17, 2014 IP
  8. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to organic traffic, you're doing it right with regular posting, so just keep going. Determination is the key to blogging, but you need to make sure you are doing it in-line with what blogging is actually about. While you're not technically an affiliate, many people get caught up in acting like one, and using a blog to constantly do nothing but sell and link out to items is only going to fail.

If you're linking out from every single post to product pages then you won't get the kind of results you're hoping for. A traditional blogger updates regularly with all kinds of interesting content, and you really need to spread the net far and wide in the subjects you cover and the things you talk about.

Adding post after post every day promoting your own shop and items is not going to give you the same results as a blog discussing clothing in general, trends, newsworthy moments, the kinds of things your visitors will also be interested in.

When it comes to other forms of marketing and traffic generation, abandon the notion of Facebook ads, Twitter ads and AdSense etc. These are not cost-effective for a small business in a competitive market. You can achieve the same things (or better) by commenting on other industry blogs with a Disqus account that links through to your own blog. Involve yourself in discussions out there, spread your brand far and wide and you will have hundreds of visitors a day following you back to your own blog. You would be surprised how effective it is to leave a comment on an article saying "I wrote about this yesterday but I have a different take on it..." and see plenty of those interested in the original piece clicking through to find yours. It's what they are interested in after all, so why not give it to them?

Audience retention is something many bloggers also neglect. Don't just hope that you can sell to the passing visitor. Encourage them to follow you and stick around. Create methods on your blog to capture them and keep them in touch with you. When was the last time you bookmarked a site? I'm guessing weeks ago, or maybe months? Others are the same. They don't crawl through a list of links they bookmarked, they sign up for email newsletters. Get one on your blog and create ways to convince them to sign up - offer %10 off, special deals, early news of sales... tempt them in, send them emails maybe once a week, and build your following directly, under your control.

From my experience, newsletters generate more sales than almost anything else, because they are already interested in what you are selling, they know you're selling it, and they are already customers. These are the people whose attention you want to keep.

I hope that helps ;)

Conran, May 17, 2014 IP
  9. PraveenaM

PraveenaM Banned

Best Answers:
    Properly, what you can do is try and create some catchy content through some pictures and...... because you have clothing store means that you are targeting basically the the lady i. e. females. While writing the blog post include a number of your work in such a way that relationship between your hard work and the picture could be drawn. I would say utilize some eye catching picture that could make the reader much more interested.

PraveenaM, May 17, 2014 IP
  10. Geoff Dorrity

Geoff Dorrity Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Hi everyone,

You have made some interesting points on branding.

In the next couple of week's a colleague and I will be launching a new website. We are looking for some feedback on our branding strategy, would you be able to recommend a good website, or perhaps a forum that might be able to assist with some sample testing? This would literally consist of our brand name, slogan and a quick overview of target market and our general positioning.

Thanks for taking the time to read the above and I look forward to any response you might have.

Geoff

Geoff Dorrity, May 17, 2014 IP
  11. Mem700X

Best Answers:
    Mem700X, May 28, 2014 IP
  12. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, @Mem700X content looks fine proper use of complex words can also seen in the article I can say till now looks some professional is writing the content, one more thing try targeting your keywords here too I'll don't directly put dense of keyword in the article but try putting your keyword in the article I don't know what your keywords is but it would be great if you put ....... what I am also concerned about is the length of article don't you think it quite short !! I am while i was reading I has just stared creating interest but eventually it looses out because of the length !!!

John Dave, May 28, 2014 IP
  13. Fred Daniels

Fred Daniels Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Posting new content is very necessary to make visitors come back to your site. However you must guarantee that your content is relevant to visitors. If your website is about weight loss niche, you can't post the content related to stop smoking. Let's go ahead to share value information and they'll surely come back to your site.

Fred Daniels, May 28, 2014 IP
  14. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two things:

1. I read the first sentence and all the "spun crap" alarms went off. So I read the rest, just in case I was mistaken. What an absolutely HORRIBLE writer. Not only is it incredibly hard to read, but it instantly shows they don't have a clue about your readership or the clothing (assuming I'm correct about who your readership is) - they've just churned out a piece of general bollocks content. There's no life in it. There's no passion. There's no... anything. Just a bunch of useless crap.

Example 1: do you really know any skaters/BMXers who will think that the best thing about a tank top is that it can "lift up your body posture"? Personally, I'd say they want to show off their bulging biceps to attract hot women. :)

Example 2: "or just want to enjoy the afternoon sunset with friends" - WTF? I thought you were selling clothes for an active lifestyle, not drinking beers on the porch.

2. "Trend of the week" is a good idea, IMHO. It carries responsibility, as you should produce one every week (and it should be an actual trend, if possible), but it's the sort of regular piece that will attract readers. I wouldn't make it the ONLY post every week, though, or it becomes a sales pitch.

My 2c.

Edit: also, the word use is painful. Seriously, does your readership want to read words like "audacious", "elan" or "a perfect body girdling [sic] garment"?

Another edit: your post on 22nd about new design releases (which you wrote yourself) is infinitely more involving and far better. I'd suggest making the pics smaller and linking them to the store rather than the full-sized version, but that post was GREAT.

TIEro, May 29, 2014 IP
  15. Mem700X

Best Answers:
    @TIEro So basically I am just better off writing myself. And the same for product descriptions to correct? I hired someone for that but it would make more sense for me to do it since its my clothes.

Mem700X, May 29, 2014 IP
  16. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good suggestion! Tell them what they might want instead what you want to tell them. That's marketing strategy chasing people want thing from their own thought.

Michael Leng, May 29, 2014 IP
  17. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may be better off writing for yourself, but this isn't a good example: the writer you hired sucks. They are far too generic and don't give a crap about your business. It's blatantly obvious they didn't even visit the site to get a handle on the target audience or your normal tone/voice. They just wrote whatever they felt like, submitted it and took your money.

If you can find someone who is interested, understands the audience and knows how to write, they can do wonders for your content. For example, I once hired someone for a women's site and she turned out to be a brilliant, magazine-style content producer - the site gets hundreds of hits for her content even though it hasn't changed in years.

Of course, finding someone who gets involved is never easy. Most just want your money in exchange for a couple of minutes of typing about a subject they won't even remember in an hour. The stupid thing is that it doesn't demand much more effort; most cheap writers just don't want to do it.

TIEro, May 29, 2014 IP
  18. Mem700X

Best Answers:
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Mem700X, May 29, 2014 IP
  19. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd rather them than the other writer. You might need to adjust a little, since the blog would be more lifestyle oriented than clothing, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It would mean extra work, maintaining two focuses instead of one.

Then again, if you can make the blog interesting to your audience, it's a lot easier to add a little clothes promo para yourself than it is to try to live with junk content. If they're covering an upcoming event and you know it'll be hot there, you can suggest they buy your new design tank-top and look cooler than anyone else, etc. That's how all the clothing promo emails from the big names work: "Look awesome at Coachella", "Dress smart at Lollapalooza" and so on (for music stuff).

Or can they write to title? If they say "I want to write about the new wheels from <insert name of BMX manufacturer here>", can you tell them "OK, that'll work, but add a para on the end about matching your wheel colour with this t-shirt" or something?

(Obviously this won't work all the time and it's not absolutely essential to have the clothing reference in every post, but if you can manage it, do it.)

Indeed. It could be a lot more salesy or envy-generating, depending on the tone you want to create for the blog, but the bit at the end about handing him some CMFA gear is precisely what you're looking for. This is ideal content: it talks to your audience about stuff they're interested in (music) and just drops in a reference to your brand. Very well done, if I may be so bold.

It could be longer, depending on how you do things: short and sweet is good for people who are in a hurry (and helps increase retention because they see it's short and are more likely to read it all), but longer articles can keep people on-site for ages if you can grab their attention and hold it.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
    TIEro, May 29, 2014 IP