1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thin content penalty to all sites on GoogleWebMaster account. Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mahnazkut, May 6, 2014.

?

Have you recovered from Thin Content Penalty?

Poll closed May 16, 2014.
  1. Yes, everything returned to normal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, given up and started fresh

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
    I have already read the general info about thin content but I would like to ask to people who got similar experience.

first time received a thin content warnings and lost %50 traffic. The penalty applied all 20+ sites on the account, some are belongs to other people, companies..ext.
    It is normal for google to penalise without giving any info that where is the problem. Yeah, it is our job to fix without clue.
    No spam content, no doorways, no duplicates, also people like the most sites, sharing them on social media and blogs.
    I don't know how to respond this, every site needs an individual reconsideration request, some sites are blogspot blogs with very innocent unique content.

What will be the best action? what is the success rate of recovery?
    maybe better to go and find a job as bus driver :) they seems more relaxed and happier than SEO.

mahnazkut, May 6, 2014 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best action, honestly, has been to never add google plugins or script to a site or submit a website to webmastertools.

I know people will disagree, but I have seen more people complain about webmastertools hurting their site than it helping them.

If there are poor backlinks directed to your site, find them, and disavow them. That's pretty much all webmastertools has become good for, telling Google the mistakes they made in penalizing your site.

Traditione, May 9, 2014 IP
    mahnazkut likes this.